Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 25, 2008, 06:53 PM
Allstar

Default So, triple channel...

Nehalem will support triple channel DDR3. Quad channel will not be arriving until at LEAST Q2 2009! This introduces a bit of a dilemma.

So, because no memory manufacturerers have triple channel kits (), I'll have to buy two kits of two sticks, because buying one stick is not cost-effective at all at retail prices. As I'm sure a lot of you are early adopters (like myself), you will probably have to bite the bullet on this as well.

What I want to know is, have there been any triple channel benchmarks yet? If not, how much longer until we can expect some? (Crystal ball owners, please reply.) I'm wondering if it'll be worth it to go triple channel from the get-go, and sell off the remaining unused stick, or just go 2x2 for two dual channels.
Old August 25, 2008, 07:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

I haven't seen any triple channel benches yet, but I do know that you have look pretty hard to find any common applications that can take advantage of dual-channel right now, so I can't imagine things would be any better with triple.

And once Nehelam hits the scenes, I'd be very surprised if memory makers didn't start releasing three DIMM kits