Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 15, 2008, 03:53 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default GA-P35-DS3L, @Bios utility?

When i bought my GA-P35-DS3L motherboard it came with an older bios on it, and at the time the only "new" bios out was the F8a bios, which was the beta bios.

I just checked Gigabytes website outta curiosity tonight to see if there had been a newer bios yet and there was. Bios F8 non beta.

The last time i upgraded the bios on my board i used Gigabyte's @Bios utility and it upgraded the bios fine.

I tried using @Bios tonight to upgrade from F8a, to F8, and @Bios downloads the new bios, and after it finishes running it says "Error: Bios Flash Failed" and than returns to the @Bios menu.

I was just wondering if anybody else has experienced this problem, or what the next best way is to go about flashing my Bios. I haven't flashed a Bios using DOS in a really long time and I don't want to screw up my motherboard.

If anybody could help I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old August 15, 2008, 04:33 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Same problem here on both of my Gigabyte boards. I had to use Qflash to install the latest BIOS.
Old August 15, 2008, 09:11 AM
Allstar

No problem on mine, but I downloaded the latest @BIOS utility from Gigabyte's website when I set my computer up. Did you install yours off the CD ?
Old August 15, 2008, 02:17 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I always install software from online downloads. Just in case it was a bad download, I uninstalled, downloaded again and re-installed. Same result.