Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 7, 2008, 05:46 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Default ASRock P45R2000-WiFi Motherboard Review Comment Thread

Hey guys, I apologise for the delay in posting this but I am away on vacation right now. Please post your questions or comments about the review and Ill try and get back here when I can.

ASRock P45R2000-WiFi Motherboard Review
Old August 8, 2008, 12:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

All-in-all, not a bad showing for an ASRock (budget) board. Nice to see vCore/vDIMM adjustment...and in number, not low/med/high. Also surprising to see GTLref adjustment. With the low price of the Wolfdale's now(~$170/E8400,~$130/E7200), a pair of uber-cheap HD38x0's..4GB DDR2/~$90..and a cheap-arse HDD(WD640/$75) and good PSU..you could put together a kickin' gaming rig on the cheap.
Old August 18, 2008, 04:19 PM

Just saw that ASRock released 3 new BIOSs since this review so I am going to give BIOS 1.6 a try.
Old August 25, 2008, 01:15 PM

Don't know what they changed but I can say the 1.6 BIOS is totally different from the one used in the review (1.3). Seems I can use some mem dividers effectively now and first impressions are positive. Need to do more testing so I will update later. :)
Old September 4, 2008, 02:02 AM
Top Prospect

Nice review. Damn those PCI-e slots are very close and would rule out a lot off after-market active coolers for Crossfire and that little cards looks very awkward in between the PCI-e slots.

Wow I thought my vDroop ripple was big at 0.4 but that is quite a bit larger, would this contribute to OCCT failed runs at lower Voltages of say 1.4v?
Old September 4, 2008, 08:29 AM

I must say the 1.6 BIOS is really improved over past versions. It is not perfect but at least my mem works now.

Yeah droop is high, plus the board under volts anyway. If I set 1.4v in BIOS under load I would probably get more like 1.31-1.32v load, which would be iffy for 4Ghz. At least the vcore line is pretty stable...