Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 25, 2008, 05:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well ever since I made the move to Corsair I will stick to them with a long time - Keep in mind there are different brands of RAM, but only a few actually make those chips (i.e. Micron/Hynix/Inineon,etc.)

Be careful when buying RAM always check their rating and comapre with your motherboard. By default JEDEC standards, your RAM will run at conservative timings at lower voltage - however if you want to run them at advertized specs your board will need to support the higher voltage. Some boards can only go up to 1.95 while others 2.5V. Some motherboards are also very picky about RAM. I honestly would not use OCZ, I would pick Mushkin or Corsair over OCZ. You will get a lot of different opinions on this.

These are the ones I use
Welcome to Corsair :: XMS2 DHX Product Information

I use the 4 GB 4-4-4-12 kit - They use quality components and so far run great - and they overclock very well.

My previous setup had the XMS2 DDR-2 667 4-4-4-12 which I overclocked and ran 24/7 @ 800 4-4-4-12, and it passed memtest86 burnin, prime95, and everything I threw at it. I'm thinking my new RAM can easily hit 1000 (I'm not condoning or asking people to OC their RAM and only talking about my personal experience!)

Can anybody confirm what does COrsair use in their DHX 4GB 4-4-4-12 kit ? Do those use Mt chipsets ?
Old July 26, 2008, 01:01 AM
Top Prospect

what does the rev or version number say on the OEM Sticker. I don't like Corsair memory, not even Dominators are Micron anymore lol.

- Christine
Cooler Master RC-690 | Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W | 6x Scythe S-Flex SFF21F Fans, EK-MultiOption 2 Port, dB-1 Compact, Swiftech MCR80, Swiftech Apogee GT | Abit IP35-Pro | Intel Q6600 @ 3.8Ghz | 2x1GB OCZ Flex XLC PC-9200 | Inno3D Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB
Old July 26, 2008, 01:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
I honestly would not use OCZ, I would pick Mushkin or Corsair over OCZ. You will get a lot of different opinions on this.
Indeed you will, I am curious as to your opinion about OCZ that causes you to refuse to use their RAM. I am not trying to start a brand war, I am just wondering why you personally would not use their RAM.

Personally I am pretty much willing to use anything that works at the speed I want or at least as high of a speed above DDR2-800 as possible and still runs reasonably cool.
In my personal experience I must say that I am rather fond of my OCZ sticks. At DDR2-1000 5-5-5-15 @ 2.35v or whatever absurd voltage I had to set in my BIOS that I cannot clearly remember atm - they stay super cool even if I kill the 80mm fan near them and only rely on the F7P to pull air in that area.
Old July 26, 2008, 10:43 AM
Rookie

Thanks guys for your replies i was just wonderin if those two are compatible in rampage's manual ocz isnt listed in the QVL. Thanks for your replies very much appreciated