Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 23, 2008, 10:09 AM
MVP

Default Thermal Compound Review

I found this review and thought that some people would like to see what are some of the best Thermal Compounds.

http://hardwarelogic.com/news/137/AR...008-03-03.html
Old July 23, 2008, 10:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

We've got one ourselves! In fact quite a few.

Noctua NT-H1 Pro Grade Thermal Compound Review

I'll take a look at yours when I get home from work though lol.
Old July 23, 2008, 10:27 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I was just looking for some good Thermal Compounds, was talking with BALISTX about it.
Looks like MX-2 is good to have,which he use's. I got the OZC Freeze and it works good for my cooling, after I put the right amount on my cpu.
Don't do my mistake and put to much on there, my temps went so high for just idle, they were hitting 55C, now that I put the right amount on
the temps are down to 45C now idle.
Old July 23, 2008, 10:35 AM
Top Prospect

I have been using Tuniq TX-2 for a while I got some articles that show the TX-2 on top of MX-2 plus it's almost $4 cheaper than MX-2 in the US.

OCZ Freeze Thermal Interface Material :: TweakTown
Overclocker Cafe - OCZ Freeze Thremal Paste Review
MADSHRIMPS - Hardware Reviews ,Crazy Projects, Modding Tutorials and Overclocking

I really like OCZ Freeze it's great if you have to build alot of systems, no curing time is a bonus.

- Christine
Cooler Master RC-690 | Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W | 6x Scythe S-Flex SFF21F Fans, EK-MultiOption 2 Port, dB-1 Compact, Swiftech MCR80, Swiftech Apogee GT | Abit IP35-Pro | Intel Q6600 @ 3.8Ghz | 2x1GB OCZ Flex XLC PC-9200 | Inno3D Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB
Old July 23, 2008, 01:19 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yycraven View Post
I was just looking for some good Thermal Compounds, was talking with BALISTX about it.
Looks like MX-2 is good to have,which he use's. I got the OZC Freeze and it works good for my cooling, after I put the right amount on my cpu.
Don't do my mistake and put to much on there, my temps went so high for just idle, they were hitting 55C, now that I put the right amount on
the temps are down to 45C now idle.
What was the right amount you used on your CPU. What method did you use?

I followed the instructions here: http://www.arcticsilver.com/pdf/appi..._quad_wcap.pdf I'm wondering if there is a better method.
Old July 23, 2008, 01:50 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_pulse View Post
What was the right amount you used on your CPU. What method did you use?

I followed the instructions here: http://www.arcticsilver.com/pdf/appi..._quad_wcap.pdf I'm wondering if there is a better method.

Well I put a small line down the center of the CPU, then put the HSF on it for a few seconds, then removed it to see what and how much it covered.
It covered about a quarter size of the CPU,and very little Thermal Compound on surface.
Where before I had covered the whole bottom of the HSF and to thick.