Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 11, 2008, 01:27 PM
Rookie

Default About Maximus and Rampage

I would like to know what is the difference between maximus and rampage? are the layout exactly the same the heatsinks/nb/sb

thanks
Old July 11, 2008, 04:15 PM
Rookie

The differences between the two are the Maximus uses the X38 chipset and the Rampage uses the X48 chipset. I would compare the two chipsets over comparing the boards themselves.
Old July 11, 2008, 06:15 PM
Rookie

i appreciate your reply but im asking about their physical layout coz if the TRUE and Xigmatek S1823 heatsinks were able to fit in the Maximus maybe it will also fit the Rampage
Old July 11, 2008, 06:25 PM
Banned
F@H

exactly the same layout, the same base PCB, different chipset, different bios.
Old July 11, 2008, 07:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogz101 View Post
i appreciate your reply but im asking about their physical layout coz if the TRUE and Xigmatek S1823 heatsinks were able to fit in the Maximus maybe it will also fit the Rampage
It'll fit the same on both. You can flash a Maximus to the Rampage BIOS. That's how similar they are. The X48 really is just the "cream of the crop" X38. Didn't bring anything new to the table so to speak.

And the TRUE fits perfectly on the Maximus in whatever orientation you like. I know because I tried.
Old July 11, 2008, 09:27 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
It'll fit the same on both. You can flash a Maximus to the Rampage BIOS. That's how similar they are. The X48 really is just the "cream of the crop" X38. Didn't bring anything new to the table so to speak.

And the TRUE fits perfectly on the Maximus in whatever orientation you like. I know because I tried.
thank you for enlightening me