Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 27, 2008, 02:01 AM
Rookie

Default ASUS P5N-T Deluxe VS. EVGA 780i SLI?

The other day it came upon me that my P5N-E-SLI is getting a bit out of date, and is a bit of a...bottlenecker when it comes to OCing, so I decided I would get a new board.

I went on the website of this computer store at my house that has fairly cheap prices on their merchandise. Right away, two boards most caught my attention: the ASUS P5N-T Deluxe and the EVGA 780i SLI. The ASUS board is about $15 more than its EVGA counterpart, however it appears to have all these extra features, like EPU, etc.

To clear it up a bit, I googled the boards and apparently the EVGA board is better because of its better overclockability and more stability compared to ASUS's offering, which is roughly (ROUGHLY) the same as the EVGA one only it has all the extra little accessories like the EPU and Super Memspeed and OC Profile, etc.

I am still a bit confused about the price over performance ratio for each of these boards. Does anyone have either one of these? Can you tell me your experiences, or your opinion on it if you do? If you don't own either one of these, then in your opinion, which one would you get?

The reason I ask is because the 9900's and 9800GT's are coming out in a month or so, which isn't to far away...

BTW if anyone would like to know the name of the shop, the link to the website is A-Power Inc.