Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 28, 2017, 04:20 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default ASRock X370 Taichi AM4 Motherboard Review Comment Thread

AMD's Ryzen processors may have found the ultimate motherboard with ASRock's X370 Taichi. From overclocking to stock performance and features, this board seems to have it all!

Read more here: ASRock X370 Taichi AM4 Motherboard Review
Old March 28, 2017, 06:57 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Nice review as usual Sky! When I go Ryzen, this is the board I want!
Old March 28, 2017, 08:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Very nice board. However, I am sincerely wondering why so many of the latest motherboards have so few (back) I/O USB ports, as this board definitely has the room back there for at least another two - some of us have keyboards (K70) that take up 2 ports alone.
Old March 28, 2017, 08:33 PM
MVP

Oh myyyyyyyyyy
Old March 28, 2017, 09:29 PM
Associate Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyMellon View Post
Very nice board. However, I am sincerely wondering why so many of the latest motherboards have so few (back) I/O USB ports, as this board definitely has the room back there for at least another two - some of us have keyboards (K70) that take up 2 ports alone.
On this model, they just moved a lot of that onto headers so that people could connect them to their case. More and more cases are available with 4-6-8 USB ports, so it kind of makes sense. Obviously, if you need more than 7 regular Type-A ports on the back, then this might not be the motherboard for you.
Old March 29, 2017, 01:27 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
On this model, they just moved a lot of that onto headers so that people could connect them to their case. More and more cases are available with 4-6-8 USB ports, so it kind of makes sense. Obviously, if you need more than 7 regular Type-A ports on the back, then this might not be the motherboard for you.
Yea, seeing those (2) USB 3.0 headers on the board is a definite plus and would help with the shortage of USB ports on the back. And by the way, very nice review with an excellent level of detail, as always.
Old March 29, 2017, 01:56 AM
Associate Review Editor

Thank you! :)
Old March 29, 2017, 04:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

wicked review as always mac thanks, asrock has really stepped up their game in the last few years since being bought
Old March 29, 2017, 10:36 AM
Trial Member

Default Great review!

This is a great review and is similar to my experience with this board, I've been very impressed with it. One thing I picked up from this review is the sound, it is quite noticeably better than the Z170 Asus motherboard I have. When I first​ started using the system I thought that the sound was distinctly improved but didn't​ think much about it, from reading this review I would definitely agree that the sound components used on the board do produce a high quality sound.
Old April 6, 2017, 07:28 AM
MVP

The Taichi series for various chipsets and socket from AsRock seems to be one of their most noteable motherboards not only in aesthetics but also performance and stability. Perhaps it can even be compared to competitors gaming motherboards in terms of features,functionality, and stability?