Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 10, 2008, 12:52 PM
Top Prospect

Question Rampage Formula + ultra 120 extreme...

Hey ! I'm thinking of getting that board since I changed my gpu heatsink for a thermalright hr-03 plus. As a matter of fact, I got forced to remove my x-fi card to let the fan breathe. I noticed there is a pci slot over the first pci-e slot. Could anybody tell me if there is enough room to stick my x-fi card there...knowing I have a thermalright 120 extreme mounted on cpu ???

thanks in advance.
8 Gig Gskill pc2 8000 4x2gig
HIS HD4870X2
BenQ V2400W monitor
Pc power and cooling quad 750
Cooler Master Stacker 830

Old May 10, 2008, 01:30 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

i just happened to post this photo in another forum for someone wondering about the Thermalright Ultra-120 and this board...it should do the trick for you here. there is plenty of room for any card in that top PCI slot. as you can see, the Ultra-120 doesn't even come half way across the chipset heatsink so unless you have an arm growing off the backside of the x-fi, you should be more than alright
Old May 10, 2008, 01:55 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
i just happened to post this photo in another forum for someone wondering about the Thermalright Ultra-120 and this board...it should do the trick for you here. there is plenty of room for any card in that top PCI slot. as you can see, the Ultra-120 doesn't even come half way across the chipset heatsink so unless you have an arm growing off the backside of the x-fi, you should be more than alright
Alright ! Thanks a lot 3oh6 for your fast reply and pic... I really appreciate that m8 !
8 Gig Gskill pc2 8000 4x2gig
HIS HD4870X2
BenQ V2400W monitor
Pc power and cooling quad 750
Cooler Master Stacker 830