Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6, 2014, 07:24 PM
MVP

Default Are gigabite bios that bad? Lf a new z97 board

I'm looking at a new board for my devils canyon build.

got it down to:

Asus rog hero vii ( scared to death of it because apparently its a total,piece of shit even tho my last Asus boards worked perfectly... boot looping, ram issues bios clock issues...) BUT I love the bios so much ...
Gigabyte Z97X UD5H Cause I can't find anything wrong with it.
Asrock Extreme6, great board but hate how using the m2 slot fucks up my slots for sli and makes a mess of all the pci lanes. I'm not using m2 or esata but I may

Any thoughts on an MSI offering?
Any thoughts on a decent z97 board?
Old December 6, 2014, 07:27 PM

My System Specs

The UEFI on LGA1150 Gigabyte boards are awesome. Very responsive, very fast POST, with a good layout. I have a Z87X-UD5H and it has been one of the best boards I have owned. I would buy a Z97X-UD5H in a heartbeat.
Complete
Forever Alone Complete
Old December 6, 2014, 07:32 PM
MVP

Thanks for the input. That's what I'm thinking. Let's see what the others say.
Old December 6, 2014, 08:25 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I think the GB Black Edition mobos are some of the best this gen. Ive used a couple of them in builds recently and they have changed my opinion of GB for the better!

Not knocking Asus as their TUF series are also bullet proof (and the Z97 Deluxe is redonkuliosly good).

MSI also make some good kit - Im using the MPower Max in one of my own rigs.

In term of BIOS...its ASUS, and then a tie for GB and MSI. Both MSI and GB are good but ASUS is in a different league this gen. Dead simple. Dead reliable. Whereas the others are reliable but a touch outdated in comparison (feature wise).

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr