Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 4, 2014, 11:16 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

hmm I was just looking at the wattage of this 1100t and it is 125 compared to my 15 2500k , I am stating to wonder if I just pull the vid card fron the Intel and use the HDMI off of the asrock z77 Extreme 3 motherboard if that will be good enough for now mind you my Ibntel is waterooled so I would imagine that the pump and fans draw a bit more juice .
Old August 4, 2014, 05:20 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Shadowmeph do you have a "killawatt" or a "blueplanet" to monitor your KW/h usage? With one of those you could play around trying different configurations of your system to optimize efficiency. Personally I would stick with the 2500k rig and tweak it a bit... maybe. I would make use of system sleep or turn off your rig when it is not in use. These days cpus and gpu scale so well with power and clocks states that I really see NO need to buy a new power sipping system because IMHO there are little to No gains to be found.
Old August 5, 2014, 06:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

hmm ok now I am getting a bit off topic and am wondering that maybe I should start a new topic on this subject lol.

, since the intel system is my gaming system I am wondering if I can use both the 560ti card for gaming and the onboard HDMI for watching vids and other such things.
one of the reasons why I don't use the HDMI on the 560 video card is becasue of the really horrible placement the mini hdmi is placed so close to the edge of the card that I had actually broke the thing on my first 560ti, I got a decent deal on another card so I switched them out but only use the dvi cable.

I like that mini box case on how it can mount on the back of an LCD or LED tv tht could be perfect if I didn't play some simple games at times

Last edited by Shadowmeph; August 5, 2014 at 07:02 AM.

Tags
fm2+ , new build