Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 2, 2014, 09:57 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default ASUS Unveils FM2+ ROG Crossblade Ranger

AMDís FM2+ platform for Kaveri APUs hasnít received much attention from the gaming motherboard front but ASUS is aiming to change that with the upcoming ROG Crossblade Ranger.

Read more: ASUS Unveils FM2+ ROG Crossblade Ranger Motherboard | Hardware Canucks

Looks promising but it also goes to show how badly AMD needs a stand-out processor....
Old June 3, 2014, 06:51 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Great article as always Sky.

I hope AMD will develop a high end x86 cores again, I don't care if they can't compete with an i7, if they can compete with an i5 then I'm sold. I understand that they cannot win in the x86 race so they bet it all on APUs but it's not every program will run in HSA. Even if HSA sounds promising.
Old June 3, 2014, 06:08 PM
MVP

While it is cool that APU users now have a motherboard like this, I'm not sure it makes sense for the target market. The customers who would take advantage of ROG features would usually be running AM3 or Z87/X79 right?