Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5, 2008, 07:27 AM
Top Prospect

Default 790i problems???

Whew, been along time since I've been online, and thats because of a problem I had with my new system build. That brings me to my question. I was wanting to know if anyone who may have either the ASUS Striker II Extreme, or EVGA, XFX, 790i board and was experiecing the same problems as I was. In any game I ean in Vista, I could only play for a few minutes and it would crash to a BSOD. This went on for a long time, and being that it was a new chip, there wasn't alot of info on what might have been the cause. What I do know is that I had read of a problem that was happening with Nvidia SATA drivers causing SATA optical drives to not work, or out right disappear. I had SATA Optical drives, but the worked fine, or so I thought. So just for s**ts and giggles I swaped out the SATA opticals and went IDE. Bam! System was stable as a rock. In fact got it to hit 20064 3DMark in Vista. Did anyone else experience this?
Old May 5, 2008, 07:41 AM
MVP

My System Specs

i heard that but striker board is out of my broke ass budget lol. having enuff problems with this asus p5n32 sli deluxe
Old July 8, 2008, 11:24 AM
Trial Member

hey
i'm new to this form but could you please tell me what you did exactly because if it turns out to actually fix the problem Nvdia or some one will most likely reward you, because i don't mind not useing sata but if you tell that it nvidia they will tell evry one to do that then nvid will patch the sata
Old July 9, 2008, 08:21 AM
Top Prospect

The problem I was having was directly related to SATA optical drives. SATA hard drives were not the problem. Only the CD/DVD drives. So when I switched out to old school IDE my problem went away.