Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

EVGA Supernova NEX1500 1500W Review
Old February 3, 2014, 08:43 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Pretty sure I commented on the fact that the use of "Dark" a-la DFI's late to the party S775 board was a bad move just asking for trouble. Don't they also have a high end PSU called super-nova or something like that??? The last thing I want to associate my PSU with is something that blows up and takes out neighbouring celestial bodies with it.... :)
I think they are now going to make a 'super tough' version called The Bricked Edition.
Fold for team #54196
Old February 5, 2014, 08:38 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Pretty sure I commented on the fact that the use of "Dark" a-la DFI's late to the party S775 board was a bad move just asking for trouble. Don't they also have a high end PSU called super-nova or something like that??? The last thing I want to associate my PSU with is something that blows up and takes out neighbouring celestial bodies with it.... :)
EVGA has the Supernova, so did Xion I believe (it was a $60 '1000w' PSU).
Last person I saw use a Xion Supernova it lived up to its name (And I posted about it years ago on here). The only surviving component in his rig after he powered it on was the DVD Drive. Good times.

As for EVGA's PSU's? The first one was overpriced garbage, but the latest iterations are getting better. I just wish their Motherboard team was back, they went to Sapphire...and what have we seen good come of that? Nothing.

My 3-Way SLI board from EVGA lives on and in great working condition in my cousins Rig right now.
Longest Lived board (minus Intel ones). Never a glitch, or issue.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com