Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10, 2014, 12:33 AM
Top Prospect

Default Mini ITX with WIFI..

I want a cheap Mini ITX with wifi - this build is a delayed build for my wife and she will do no OC and she will use the onboard graphics (i3-4130) but she will need WIFI.

What can you recomend? All I see is the Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI.
Old January 10, 2014, 07:40 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

If you're not set on Intel, there's a couple AMD boards with wifi that are m-itx. Such as this Gigabyte;
Newegg.ca - GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XN-WIFI FM2+ / FM2 AMD A88X (Bolton D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX AMD Motherboard

Plus AMD integrated graphics perform much better than the intel ones at the moment.

I'm not sure if there are intel boards with integrated wifi off the top of my head, but it's easy enough to get a USB adapter that works well. I'd recommend looking at something like an ASUS N53 or something.
Old January 10, 2014, 05:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

At this point I'd be looking for WiFi on the 5GHz band (search for ac or a/b/g/n) - at least where I live 2.4GHz is so bad I only use it for occasional browsing on tablets and phones.

The only one I can see that doesn't go into crazy prices is this one: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-H87N-WIFI (rev. 2.0)
Look at the rev. number though, since the Rev 1.0 of the board is 2.4 GHz only.
Old January 11, 2014, 10:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post
At this point I'd be looking for WiFi on the 5GHz band (search for ac or a/b/g/n) - at least where I live 2.4GHz is so bad I only use it for occasional browsing on tablets and phones.

The only one I can see that doesn't go into crazy prices is this one: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-H87N-WIFI (rev. 2.0)
Look at the rev. number though, since the Rev 1.0 of the board is 2.4 GHz only.
is it bad becasue of allot of people using the 2.4ghz range?