Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7, 2014, 01:38 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Intel Launches Edison, an SD Card-Sized PC

Intel has taken the wrapper off of Edison, their new ultra small computing module which is no bigger than an SD card.

Read more here: Intel Launches Edison, an SD Card-Sized PC | Hardware Canucks

No much info available yet....but it's still something new.
Old January 8, 2014, 07:44 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I can see this being useful with nanomachines, some sort of central computer controlling them haha :P
Old January 8, 2014, 02:23 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinraCorp View Post
I can see this being useful with nanomachines, some sort of central computer controlling them haha :P
You won't laugh when those ruthless a****es come for us
Old January 10, 2014, 05:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yep unmanned aerial vehicle builders will definitely have a use - think little drones with sensors/cameras flying all over the inside of a building.
Old January 19, 2014, 05:13 PM
Rookie

Looks like the core is a Pentium 400Mhz PC without PCIe. But considering the number of Arm based solutions and their low power and low price alternative not to mention matured development systems, this Quark will not have a chance. There is only disadvantage in x86 unless someone wants to build a cash register with this SDcard DOS system!.