Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 30, 2008, 04:59 PM
Top Prospect

Default Asus+RMA = no go

Well I have nice M2N-SLI deluxe that died on me earlier this month. I contacted asus and I got a case number. They asked me to give them my board serial number and some explanations before giving me a RMA number. I replied the same day with the information thay wanted. They never replied with an RMA yet (3 weeks now). How do I get them to react faster?

Para_Franck
Old April 30, 2008, 05:51 PM
Allstar

Asus service is horrible, website, rma, well asus is crap

DFI LP nF4 Ultra-D / AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.7Ghz/ 2*1GB OCZ Gold GX XTC / Sapphire X1950XT / Fortron 450W PSU / 2*Maxtor 80Gb

Old April 30, 2008, 06:35 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I wouldn't call Asus support bad or crap...their web support is, but if you make a phone call, it is lightning fast. Yes, it will be long distance but that is what $30/year of unlimited long distance in US/CAN through Skype is for. Trust me though, it would be worth a 10 minute long distance call as every time I have RMA'd a board, within 10 minutes I had an RMA number. Sent the boards via Fedex ground (around $15) and within two weeks had a replacement. I have done a few Asus RMA's personally and through work and they all go smooth like butter...so don't discount them so fast.
Old May 4, 2008, 01:32 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
I wouldn't call Asus support bad or crap...their web support is, but if you make a phone call, it is lightning fast. Yes, it will be long distance but that is what $30/year of unlimited long distance in US/CAN through Skype is for. Trust me though, it would be worth a 10 minute long distance call as every time I have RMA'd a board, within 10 minutes I had an RMA number. Sent the boards via Fedex ground (around $15) and within two weeks had a replacement. I have done a few Asus RMA's personally and through work and they all go smooth like butter...so don't discount them so fast.
I had the exact result"s with a Mobo and a video card .Call them you"ll get better result"s.Good Luck

Old May 6, 2008, 01:16 PM
RJTech Rep.

I RMA'ed a laptop with Asus. They sent FedEx to pick up and I got it repaired and back in my hands within a few days.
Old May 6, 2008, 02:07 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I agree with Jody, never try and deal with an RMA through email, with any company. Always call, it will be done instantly. I have RMAed tons of stuff to ASUS and have had 0 issues thus far.
Old May 9, 2008, 11:11 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
I agree with Jody, never try and deal with an RMA through email, with any company. Always call, it will be done instantly. I have RMAed tons of stuff to ASUS and have had 0 issues thus far.
I have RMA'd via email with Corsair, OCZ, Gigabyte, XFX, and Logitech. All of them went flawlessly. Always had an RMA number by the next day.
Old May 10, 2008, 07:09 AM
Rookie

Para_Frank have you finaly went through this RMA???
Old May 10, 2008, 06:16 PM
Top Prospect

Hav'nt got time to take care of it. i started a new Job last Monday. I will be taking care of it this week, at the ame time as I take care on an RMA with OCZ
Old May 16, 2008, 01:30 PM
Top Prospect

Took care of it this week, both my ram and mother board are gone to RMA. I did not have to call, I have found that the asus online rma DOES NOT SEND you an e-mail with the confirmation and procedure, as all other manufacturers do. When you are allowed a case number, a windows pops with a link to your case Úvolution status THIS WINDOWS APPEARS ONLY ONCE and if you don't right the adresse down, you are done for! I had taken a print screen shot of this message for personal references. So I wrote the one thousand character adress in firefox and VOILA they had replied within 2 days, giving me all the necessary informations to process my RMA. This is not user friendly at all They should send an e-mail with the RMA confirmation and link to the personnal case evolution status page. As you can imagine the 30 period was over by about 1 week and a half. So I created another case with a reference to the old one, and they added another 30 days. I was happy not to have to call beacause I 'am not that great in my speeking of english. When I get my board back, I will do a final post.

Para