Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 17, 2013, 08:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You may have trouble trying to buy from UK / US sellers as they tend to be very wary of / refuse to sell to eastern Europe, never-mind Eurasia.

Contact any seller first, let them know your serious buyer and that you need the part for a customer, payment to clear before shipping and for them to take pictures of any serial numbers etc so that you can both tell if there is foul-play (like trying to return the faulty board for a refund or similar)
This will give the seller more confidence and make a sale more likely.

It is a bit of an old laptop as well, unless tech is VERY expensive your friend may be better buying a new or used laptop locally (or if you/they know anyone travelling to find something in duty-free or wherever they are travelling)

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old December 17, 2013, 09:23 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

No, I have unplugged and plugged back the power cord into the socket also into the motherboard a few times. Also, is there a chance, that mobo is fine and the CPU may be dead? I'ts an core2duo p8600.
Old December 17, 2013, 09:27 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Dzzope thanks for the reply. I think, when I emailed the UK seller they must be thinking that I am a serious buyer and I have provided full details (part number, laptop full model). Also I mentioned that the motherboard needs to be shipped to Armenia (Their website says worldwide) though they told me US only.

Tags
hp pavilion , motherboard