Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 24, 2013, 08:50 PM
Trial Member

Default Gigabyte RMA Experience

So I thought I would just post my experiences with Gigabyte RMA service. The RMA was approved on the 12 of November and they received it by the 19th. This was the only e-mail I got from them:

Ok I thought, after this, I have not received e-mail contact with them since. No word that there was board damage or anything. I then decided to call them last Thursday night to ask the status of the RMA. They told me that the board was repaired and going through testing and should be shipped in 2-3 business days. I was barely able to understand them as their English was very broken. Before I hung up I asked what was repaired and they responded that the CPU Socket was damaged, and that was the end of that conversation. I thought, " OH they repaired it, maybe it wasn't that big of a deal to send out a refurb." So Tonight I checked to see if there was anymore information of the RMA status on their website and this is what it says:

According to this the RMA was not approved, but they will attempt repairs. Which leads me to believe that they "found" or caused physical damage to the board, as I have pictures before I sent it in. I did not receive any pictures from them, like I said before that was the one and only email I received from them. I will be calling tomorrow morning to find out what's up with the repair. I didn't think a big company like GB would do something like this.
Old November 29, 2013, 09:53 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Sadly there are quite a few horror stories with GB and their RMA Service. That alone has caused a lot of our members to move away from their hardware regardless of how nice their product is feature wise.

I am one of those, I try and avoid them wherever possible in regards to this kind of service with them.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 29, 2013, 10:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Seconded..

They produce very nice, feature rich products and usually at decent prices.. BUT I've not dealt with a single gigabyte motherboard without issues and had horrible RMA experiences. That said I've had 2 GPU's from them and they were excellent.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old December 17, 2013, 08:24 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I've heard of horror stories with Gigabyte RMA. I read from a forum (forgot which one) that they actually caused the damaged themselves and blamed the user for it. They sent him pics of the damaged area and it was a physical solder damage to the board. it was fortunate that the user took pics of the board prior to sending it back for RMA and was able to disprove their claim. I recently have to RMA a board and made sure to take several pics before sending it. It was approved and actually got back to me but i never got around to re using it anymore and just shelved it. Hope you have luck tomorrow when you call.
Old December 17, 2013, 09:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Yep, take a look at my ordeal with a gigabyte RMA that only got fixed since I knew some people who knew some people that got me bumped to their customer retention.
Old December 18, 2013, 07:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Word of advice: Don't buy gigabyte. Ever.
Old December 18, 2013, 08:28 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
+1

i used to be all over their Mobo during the socket 775 times. i remember trying to get their p45 mobo and was hard to find one (at the time i needed it) as it was OOS everywhere. fast forward to later and i got their z68 and it was headache since day one! constant boot loops and their tech support blames my mems for it! still there after several switch out of mems,
Old December 19, 2013, 05:54 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Agreed there products have little to be desired.Is it possible that there lower end boards and Gpu"s are made with less quality control then there more expensive hardware?

Old December 21, 2013, 05:40 AM
Rookie

Guess it depends where you are in the world, Gigabyte has fantastic RMA in the UK 3 - 5 day turnaround - UK based.

Asus in the UK - nightmare! Around 6+ weeks, motherboards/graphics cards have to goto Czech Republic.
NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT, Corsair Carbide Air 540
Old December 24, 2013, 05:55 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Yikes just sent a DOA board for RMA to gigabyte I am currently at the first email stage, so I hope it doesn't turn out to be a horror story, I usually only buy MSI because of their wicked customer service and the fact they have an RMA depot right here in Richmond. Good luck on your RMA and wish me luck on mine.

Tags
gigabyte , rma