Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 23, 2013, 01:13 PM
Top Prospect

Since OP is in the Western Canada, it's worth mentioning that MSI also has RMA Depot in Richmond, BC as well. I'm not a fan of MSI but their quality has improved over the last years.
Old September 10, 2014, 10:35 PM
Rookie

i applied to return a mobo, but as soon as i submitted the rma form, it was approved? i got the rma number & email

...so can i just go over to the markham location & drop off my item with the shipping label from the email or am i supposed to get some other confirmation?

can i pick up the replacement or it MUST be shipped?

i also have no suitable box or packing material, do i just find any box that closely resembles the right size? (the warranty terms state that you will lose the box & that you should not return cables/etc)

EDIT: i suppose the package i drop off would contain my return address, as if it were mailed out? or would they print a new tag later (since my address is submitted in the online form)

Last edited by kn00tcn; September 10, 2014 at 11:28 PM.
Old September 11, 2014, 12:53 AM
Allstar

You are over thinking this :) Find a box that fits the item, make sure you have the return address on the box and I believe you need to print out the RMA form and have that inside the box.

I had to RMA a Golden 465 that was bios moded to the 470. I was worried about the mod as that obviously voids the warranty but it didn't phase them and I got a replacement or fixed (I wasn't paying attention to the serial number) card and it's been working ever since I recently replaced it.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old September 14, 2014, 04:53 PM
Rookie

can i drop off the mobo in person without a fancy padded box with return address or does it still need to be packaged as if it were shipped out? is the replacement going to use the same box? (their terms say you will lose anything you send them, hence dont send the original retail box)

it would simply be awesome if i can just drop the mobo, without buying & figuring out padding materials, pick up the replacement, & be done in minutes, guess i'll ask them
Old September 16, 2014, 09:23 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I rma'd a video card via MSI and they were great. Fast and they upgraded the card too. Although I had issues with the new card that came in a very short time, they cross shipped and even higher one to me and were great with all the help and trouble shooting.