Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   Heavy Stuttering Effect with AMD 1090T (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/63530-heavy-stuttering-effect-amd-1090t.html)

anvancy October 7, 2013 11:46 PM

Heavy Stuttering Effect with AMD 1090T

Hello,

This is my first post here and needed help with my home PC. Here is the config.
AMD 1090T Stock running.no OC.
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
Corsair 8GB RAM complete Stock.
1 TB HDD
Corsair H50 Cooler
Corsair VX550 Power Supply
ATI 4850 Sonic Edition
Asus Xonar D2X Sound Card

As of late I am facing heavy stuttering issue in general usage. The issue is:
  1. Delay in Bootup.
  2. Takes lot of time to stabilize.
  3. Even general web surfing,music playing there is this stuttering just how we face before a BSOD.
  4. Heavy CPU Usage even on Idle. I am seeing the CPU spike to 100% even when it has been 15mins on idle and I am not running any program.
  5. Oddly the temperatures are within range.( I dont have an AC in my room).I check via HWInfo.
I have tried to turn on and off services and custom boot to no avail. I think I have tried selecting number of cores in custom boot to 6 but to no avail. I have also disabled Cool and Quiet from my BIOS but there was no change. The services and startup list is normal according to the softwares installed and I dont see any weird programs running.(Atleast to me.)

I will also like if anybody can provide me softwares names to download and run from where I can share the reports here. I am new to troubleshooting at this level. I do not have access to my home PC since I live in another town but will have in a few days. Till then what may be the problem? I have heard Bulldozers are not efficient against their counterparts.

Thanks in advance.

Anvancy

Dzzope October 8, 2013 12:53 AM

I would try a re-install.. IMO if you have a virus / spy / mailware etc there is no real clearing it out properly.

Varroa October 8, 2013 05:51 AM

What is your OS? How long has it been since your last install? What are your temps like? Heavy CPU usage when you aren't doing anything is indicative of either a virus or a corrupt system file. You can try running system file check (SFC /scannow) from a command prompt but my bet is either a virus or you will need a windows re-install.

great_big_abyss October 8, 2013 06:12 AM

As above, it doesn't sound like your CPU. Troubleshoot windows, and if that's not the problem, your HDD may be on the way out...

anvancy October 8, 2013 06:48 AM

I am running windows 7 64bit. Frankly the OS has not been reinstalled for the last say two years. I think I am suspecting a virus but also thought of whether my CPU is going faulty. the HDD though is old.I think beyond 4 years.

I had another question here. Mostly I will be an additional HDD and will reinstall the OS in that. Right now my existing 160GB HDD has windows 7. During boot I want the OS from the new HDD to be loaded and not the other. how can we do this? I want to remove windows 7 installation from my current HDD but want to keep other applications intact.

Thanks

Anvancy

Varroa October 8, 2013 08:16 AM

You can aim your bios to which ever HDD you want to boot from but your apps on the old HDD will not run without re-installing them.

moocow October 8, 2013 02:05 PM

Have you plug in your new HDD yet? If no, then don't plug in it because the virus may migrate to it. Only have the new HDD plugged in when installing Win7 to ensure it's clean. If the problem goes away, then it may be an infected HDD. Get Ultimate Boot CD and use review the list of tools it has. I would start with MemTest86+ to test the RAM and then move on to HDD tools. Whenever you're working on the old HDD, make sure it's the only drive plug into the motherboard. Like Abyss said, CPU generally don't fail. I would swap the motherboard first to test that theory as a last resort. Oh, and don't forget to use a different SATA cable to test, it could be a faulty cable.

3.0charlie October 8, 2013 02:17 PM

A customer of mine had a similar issue, similar hardware (1055T), same audio card... long boots, stuttering actually came from the Asus audio driver. Playing around with the different versions, I finally managed to have an acceptable user and listening experience, but the long boot stayed. I used an app called dpclat (DPC Latency Checker) to assess the latency of the data streams. Enabling / disabling services while running the app clearly identified the Asus driver as the culprit.

Good luck.

anvancy October 9, 2013 06:10 AM

I have not yet purchased the new HDD. I will do that soon and be sure to do a complete clean install. This will be the first trouble shooting that I will do.

Charlie can you let me know what drivers were installed on that system? I am using the latest 1794 drivers from Asus. I had tried the UNI drivers before and went to 1794 recently. some research is showing that many people faced problems with the asus drivers and went to UNI drivers. I will look into this angle too.

Anvancy

Dzzope October 9, 2013 07:07 AM

Might be worth trying that first. Before you spend on hardware you don't need or wipe your machine when it wasn't necessary.

If then you find that it's not helped, I would clean the drive and start again... (If something has viruses on it I just nuke it.... back-ups are always a good idea. :) )