Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 4, 2013, 07:10 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
And why on earth should he go 1150 for MATX?
Because the extra PCIe lanes and memory slots are pretty much wasted in the mATX form factor?

If anything, Haswell/Z87 has more up-to-date features than X79 too. As well as costing roughly half the price.
Old October 4, 2013, 10:07 PM

My System Specs

I had a lot of stability issues when overclocked with the E760 and SR2s. I never found the bios to be mature.

And why I'd the P9X79-E WS always forgotten about? It is a beautiful high featured board.

Uh oh. I find now find myself wanting that board....
Old October 5, 2013, 10:23 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I believe the 760 Board was without the NF200. I know many if us jumped on the 759 Classy when it first hit the Market and the Board was / is solid, no issues at all and OC'ing either my 920 or later on 980X was pretty simple ( the only complaint was the Northbridge Temps, ran hot, but the heat never caused any problems, should really have been designed with active cooling).

Thr NF200 allowed for X16 X16 X16 running 580's Tri SLi.

The Board and 980X is now in my Son in laws Rig along with a couple of 650ti Boosts. Still rockin along!!

Old October 6, 2013, 08:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

For enthusiasts and gamers,x79 is STILL the way to go. No way should it be referred to as obsolete. Every high end Boutique builder uses x79 in their premium offerings. For example..GENESIS Gaming Desktop | Features and Details | ORIGIN PC The Origin guys are the original Alienware company which was sold to Dell a few years ago.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old October 6, 2013, 10:14 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ Can't agree with you more re: X79 Slik, just have to bear in mind "most" average gamers don't require X79 for "gaming only" ....quite a number of the X79 users simply want the best and are certainly into OC'ing, as well the 6 Cores m 12 Threads are perfect for video encoding (Handbrake).
The platform is also damn near 2 yrs old ( starting to age in the PC World), X99 around the corner ;)

Old October 6, 2013, 11:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^^ Can't agree with you more re: X79 Slik, just have to bear in mind "most" average gamers don't require X79 for "gaming only" ....quite a number of the X79 users simply want the best and are certainly into OC'ing, as well the 6 Cores m 12 Threads are perfect for video encoding (Handbrake).
The platform is also damn near 2 yrs old ( starting to age in the PC World), X99 around the corner ;)
X99 may be around the corner,but until it's released I'm seriously looking at this thing..Team Tech Squad » RIV Black Edition at the OC Main Event! That should do the trick for a while.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old October 6, 2013, 12:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ Those BE Boards are very nice.....I'd jump on it if I didnt already have a Board / CPU combo hitting 4.9 Ghz ;) Would be a foolish waste of $$$ for myself.....no upgrades on my end now till either X99 or Maxwell GTX 8800...whichever comes first!!

Old October 9, 2013, 08:44 PM

My System Specs

$500 for the preorder

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition EATX LGA2011 X79 DDR3 SATA3 USB3.0 4PCI-E16 SLI/CROSSFIREX Motherboard