Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 30, 2013, 05:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Like I said, it's not uncommon for small/medium sized businesses to stick with XP. But that doesn't mean it's a good idea, you're asking to get screwed by some random script kiddie. Kinda like that time a kid messed with thousands of XP machines that didn't get a major security hotfix released weeks prior.

But if you want to test your luck it might not be that bad. I personally have moved as many machines to Linux as possible as I'm simply not a fan of Windows 8 and 7 is likely to end up like XP. With the grave Microsoft is digging themselves Linux is actually getting some market share in the desktop sector.
Old August 30, 2013, 10:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Personally I think that if you are not doing any serious Gaming and just doing things like internet surfing watching videos listening to music, docs, then Linux is the best it justy has a hard learning curve for some. Linux can be very light weight or full bloated linux Ubuntu has become .but they seemed to have made Ubuntu allot more common user friendly.