Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 21, 2013, 08:54 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

@IRQ Board revision? Are there different revisions?

@Squee That I really have no idea, but Ill ask for you.

@ico Thanks :)
Old August 26, 2013, 10:15 AM

Response from ASUS:

HDMI does support fully multi channel audio output. As to whether it is impacted by the SupremeFX audio design I would say mostly now as SupremeFX helps analog connections most. Digital can receive some slight improvements in relation to jitter but overall has less of an impact, the real improvements are for using headphones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
I'd like to know if the HDMI outputs Lineal PCM 7.1 from the supremeFX. We all know SPDIF and optical coax is compressed audio.
Old August 26, 2013, 11:22 AM
Top Prospect

@IRQ - you and I are following a similar path is seems. No new board revisions are available yet. I have checked most major retailers and vendor websites. Last unofficial comment I saw was on a newsfeed headline somewhere (may have been a blog, so not a valued source) but it stated we can expect to see them for Q3.

I think that is why some of the current boards over the last couple weeks have been having more mail in rebates and sales.
16GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866
Corsair TX750w in a Corsair 550d
Old August 26, 2013, 12:45 PM

Is is really that big of an issue to save work on flash drives before putting your machine in sleep mode? Seems silly to wait for new revisions because of something that trivial.
Old August 26, 2013, 01:41 PM

Its unforuntate that this motherboard didnt make use of a Rennsas / NEC D720210 USB 3.0 hub (or a discrete secondary USB 3.0 controller). It would have made the USB 3.0 issue basically a non-issue as the hub controller polls its ports to see if anything is attached. IF attached it then send a signal on to the Z87 controller to activate that port. IE it acts a middleman and should eliminate the problem where the chipset 'forgets' something is attached....in theory. Have not run into this bug in the real world but then again I dont leave usb 3 storage devices attached after sleep!

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 26, 2013, 01:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

Well,

On the SLEEP issue, maybe I didn't get the memo, but as an SSD user I personally always disable sleep and hibernate (better for SSDs, or at least it was the recommended way to go).

So the sleep issue I don't have to deal with!
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz / Corsair H100i / Maximus VI HERO / 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red LP 1.5V 1866 / N560GTX Ti Twin FROZR II OC / Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD / Intel 520 120GB SSD / WD Black 640 GB storage

ROG G53SX laptop: i7 2630QM / 12GB DDR3 / GTX560m 2GB / 750GB 7200rpm (14 000 3Dmarks06)
Old August 26, 2013, 07:10 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
Is is really that big of an issue to save work on flash drives before putting your machine in sleep mode? Seems silly to wait for new revisions because of something that trivial.
Not a problem at all. But when revision 2 boards come I can find a deal on a revision 1. I originally was waiting to see if any early adopter issues came up. It seems this didn't happen. Now for me personally I just need to pull the trigger and get it over with. However back to school shopping has to come first.
Old August 26, 2013, 09:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
For me, dropping 300-400 dollars on something that has a hardware problem, no matter how minor is a deal breaker. Chances are it would never effect me, but I think it's silly to jump now when you can wait a month or two and get a board without the issue. /shrug
Old August 27, 2013, 09:29 AM

I wouldnt be surprised to see a voluntary recall like we saw with Cougar Point.
Old August 27, 2013, 10:15 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
I wouldnt be surprised to see a voluntary recall like we saw with Cougar Point.
That could very well happen. But unless they ship first and then let me return the old board the downtime for a single PC family would be difficult. I would be fine because of my laptop but the rest of them.... not so much.

Clearly IRQ is planning a way more elaborate motherboard than I.