Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 7, 2013, 03:07 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
What are your 'limits'? I'm running my 3770K @ mid eighties on a 4.6 OC...that's pegged 100% of the time while folding...
4.7 is beyond the thermal limits of any off the shelf AIO cooler (air...forget about it). At 4.7 it would thermal limit on a H110 w/ four NZXT 2Krpm 140mm fans. At 4.6 it was hot but not thermal limiting. If I was you...I would skip this gen and wait for the next as 4.5 is about as good as you will get with Air.

I agree this gen the motherboards are way more impressive than the CPUs...but damn are the motherboards impressive!

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr