Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 20, 2013, 02:05 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

This is the most stupid piece of hardware i have seen in 10 years. Even half price it's not worth it ,lol.......

I would call this CPU a motherboard fryer and a fail. Why 800 dollars? WHY
Old July 24, 2013, 12:31 PM
Rookie

Maybe I am just blind but I didn't see if they said weather or not they overclocked any of the intel processors or the 8350 in this review. I assume they didn't since the 9590 should have similar performance to a well overclocked 8350 but does anybody know?
Old July 24, 2013, 12:40 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Everything was left at default speeds for every processor.
Old July 24, 2013, 12:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Everything was left at default speeds for every processor.
Thanks
Old July 26, 2013, 04:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliz View Post
This is the most stupid piece of hardware i have seen in 10 years. Even half price it's not worth it ,lol.......

I would call this CPU a motherboard fryer and a fail. Why 800 dollars? WHY

Moar GHz! Moar corez!

Less performance!
Old July 27, 2013, 06:41 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I loved my Athlon. If it wasn't for AMD we'd all be running 9ghz massively pipelined forges, that's the stuff intel was feeding us before they got trounced by the Athlon. Now they are trying the same game.
Old July 28, 2013, 05:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
I loved my Athlon. If it wasn't for AMD we'd all be running 9ghz massively pipelined forges, that's the stuff intel was feeding us before they got trounced by the Athlon. Now they are trying the same game.
Imagine what it must have been like at intel when the Bulldozer launched:

Guy A: Dude, you hear AMD launched a chip that was actually slower than their last chip?
Guy B: Ha ha ha, man, if we tried that, we'd all get fired.

Then Vishera launches:

Guy A: Dude, they've updated the slower chip. Now it's a little faster than their last chip, but still waaaayyyyy behind ours.
Guy B: Ha ha ha, I think I'm applying over there, I could use some rest.
Old July 28, 2013, 06:15 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The RealRollo View Post
Imagine what it must have been like at intel when the Bulldozer launched:

Guy A: Dude, you hear AMD launched a chip that was actually slower than their last chip?
Guy B: Ha ha ha, man, if we tried that, we'd all get fired.

Then Vishera launches:

Guy A: Dude, they've updated the slower chip. Now it's a little faster than their last chip, but still waaaayyyyy behind ours.
Guy B: Ha ha ha, I think I'm applying over there, I could use some rest.
+1000
Old July 28, 2013, 06:31 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10e View Post
How good can a cooler be to dissipate 200+ watts on a core the size of half a postage stamp like my 4770K's die?

By way of comparison my very good 3770K is de-lidded and doing 4.8-4.9 Ghz at 155 to 170 watts in a similar no GPU configuration, and even with two GTX Titans idling its using 230w on a different board, with the CPU at full blast on Prime95 or IBT/LinX.

As great_big_abyss said, I'd much rather AMD binned some parts for high speeds and sold them to me with a warranty and a guaranteed speed than play financial russian roulette finding a decently overclocking 4770K. It's not fair to use a "binned" 4770K to compare, because finding one requires a number of returns or re-sells, or someone on Ebay or a BST forum who's willing to gouge you for a "binned" 4770K. At this point that "binning" process is costing way more than $350.00, and begins to make an FX-9590 look like a good investment.

Haswell yields right now for enthusiasts are not tremendous:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...w,3521-10.html

Go below the CPU-Z screenshot and see that a number of their chips sucked just like my "good" overclocking chip at 4.4 and 1.20 volts.

Further to that the 4770K is gimped in some features while the FX line is not. A better comparison is an I7 3820.

LMAO.
Thanks, I needed that.
Old July 29, 2013, 05:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurassic1024 View Post
LMAO.
Thanks, I needed that.
The problem is that even at stock speed the Haswell 4770K is faster than a 5GHz AMD 9590.

So a 3.5GHz, $339 shipped part is beating AMDs 4.7GHz factory OCd, binned flagship part that will only run on a couple of their motherboards, which all lack PCIE3.

No, 9590s are not a good investment because we really shouldn't even consider buying parts for how high they're clocked if they're slower than much cheaper parts at stock speed.

I'd buy a 1MHz Haswell that wouldn't OC at all before I'd buy a 9590, because the goal of OCing is to gain performance. If the chip is still a pooch, who cares?