Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 18, 2013, 04:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBA View Post
Props to clshades for his comments. Rollo you've made your point. Give it a rest. As long as the person is happy with the hardware he has and can afford, it really does not matter. Not everyone wants a particular brand or can afford hardware others can. And if a file takes an extra 45 seconds to compile I really don't care. AMD gets the job done for me. Competition is a good thing for everyone.
You give props for off topic personal attacks that violate terms of service?

I wonder if competition is good for everyone.

AMDs offerings are so far below intel's that intel may well be slowing their R&D and/or withholding better products because the bar of "competition" is set so low.

Look at NVIDIA and the Titan GPU consumer products. Not only did NVIDIA release the Titan as a consumer product long after they were being sold in the professional market, they priced it at $1000.. This could be because compared to AMDs aged, much weaker "competition", the Titan looked like a product that was "worth" $1000..

If the Green Bay Packers had to play the West Podunk High School football team every weekend, my guess is they wouldn't work nearly as hard on conditioning, practice, or developing play strategies.

If our only threat in world was West Barbados, the military would be a much more feeble enterprise.

Etc ad infinitum.

Point being, competition that doesn't really compete pushes no one to higher levels of performance and often even results in less performance. We might be better off if intel was competing with themselves.

This review proves AMD isn't really competing.
Old September 18, 2013, 04:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshades View Post
Fortunately we can get informed, accurate, unbiased reviews on this site which I cannot say for many other sites I've attended in the past. Some of the best reviewers on the internet reside on this site and we are lucky to have them at our disposal. This is a place people can come to before spending thousands of dollars and make an informed decision and I am a firm believer in research and communication.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWC
Is a 4.7 / 5GHz AMD processor ultimately enough to compete against Intelís high-end offerings? The answer to that is multi-faceted.... However, due to the disappointing single thread performance of the Piledriver architecture, in-game framerates in some titles tend to lag behind. Thereís also just no looking past Intelís ability to achieve similar or better performance without pushing their architecture to its absolute limit.
Quote:
RESULTS: At lower resolutions, each processorís gaming ability is put into stark contrast as the graphics card takes a back seat. Unfortunately the FX-9590 just can't keep up here, which is to be expected. [/B]
Quote:
FX-9590 is able to improve upon the FX-8350ís scores but it just canít seem to match up with Intelís higher end offerings.
Like I said, AMD's best chip only won 20% of the benchmarks in the review on the site you seem to trust compared to a $330 intel chip, and it did so using 150% of the power and costing much more.

Yet you posted intel boards cost more, apparently because there are some ultra high end intel boards that don't exist for AMD.
Hint: The reason there are no $500 AMD boards is no one would buy one- AMD only sells low to mid range CPUs, which you don't stick on $500 mobos.
Old September 18, 2013, 05:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

YAWN!!! Rollo you still preaching your hate all who don't give you free stuff campaign?

Sad thing is there is some direct items that i agree with you on BUT then you always follow with "all amd sucks"

Sorry but thats where you go from helping in your little troll way to just shoving ur thumb up your ass and rubbing that brown smear on the screen and calling it informed data.

the 9590 is a funny chip reminds me of Pentium D sure they could throw high stock clocks but they did not compare to amd at the time.

the 9590 as its price drops will be a fun chip but by the time that happens amd will have something new and better and you will waste months trolling that still.

right now my list of recommended cpus.
90% apu
5% haswell
4% intel extreme
1% am3+

But the sad fact is all those systems can play games.

i 100% know put a 9590 rig and 4930k rig together with close spec internals and do the pepsi challenge with systems and you wont notice a difference without a fps tracking program.

so at that point i leave this thread, 9590 has its home and is not junk its just niche... wait crossfire2009 and others got banned for trolling for amd... why is the rollo not for trolling nvidia intel???

Ill leave the politics to the admins :)

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Old September 18, 2013, 05:41 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

And how many more times are we going to beat around this particular bush?
Old September 18, 2013, 05:48 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Real rollo is right, I agree with him. At the end of the day it comes down to someone's preferences. If people want to waste their money, then that's their problem. Rollo is just trying to show the light. I have only had AMD twice and it was 1055T and FX 6100, which was even worst that a 1055T. my old I5 750 ran circles around them.

I really hope AMD gets their act together. But I doubt they care much, as long as they have their die hard fans, who sacrifice performance for loyalty.

If we all stop buying AMD, they will do something about it, and do some actual work

Last edited by Your_friendly_gamer; September 18, 2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old September 18, 2013, 06:00 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Alright guys that's enough. If you cannot post properly in this thread then don't post, simple as that.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 18, 2013, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
YAWN!!! Rollo you still preaching your hate all who don't give you free stuff campaign?

Sad thing is there is some direct items that i agree with you on BUT then you always follow with "all amd sucks"

Sorry but thats where you go from helping in your little troll way to just shoving ur thumb up your ass and rubbing that brown smear on the screen and calling it informed data.

the 9590 is a funny chip reminds me of Pentium D sure they could throw high stock clocks but they did not compare to amd at the time.

the 9590 as its price drops will be a fun chip but by the time that happens amd will have something new and better and you will waste months trolling that still.

right now my list of recommended cpus.
90% apu
5% haswell
4% intel extreme
1% am3+

But the sad fact is all those systems can play games.

i 100% know put a 9590 rig and 4930k rig together with close spec internals and do the pepsi challenge with systems and you wont notice a difference without a fps tracking program.

so at that point i leave this thread, 9590 has its home and is not junk its just niche... wait crossfire2009 and others got banned for trolling for amd... why is the rollo not for trolling nvidia intel???

Ill leave the politics to the admins :)
1. I assume you're trying to get the thread closed with the off topic personal attacks, because the review in question shines the cold light of truth on AMDs new flagship part?
2. Why are you mad at me? I'm only quoting the review, shouldn't you be angry at HWC for not tailoring their review to be AMD friendly like AMD sponsored KitGuru did?
3. I "get free hardware" from no one. Not intel, not NVIDIA, not AMD, no OEMs. No one. You posted a lie about me.
4. If 90% of your recommendations are APUs, you deal with neither gamers nor the professional market.

What I like about the HWC review is that it shows even when OCd to the max, AMDs best chip fails to beat intel chips at stock speed at business and gaming at about equal percentages. (intel wins 70-80% of the time at both)

That's HUGE- effectively eliminates the pc market in general for AMD. If their "best of best" OCd within an inch of it's life can't best a $200 intel chip I bought two years ago, AMD is in trouble.
Old September 18, 2013, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
Real rollo is right, I agree with him. At the end of the day it comes down to someone's preferences. If people want to waste their money, then that's their problem. Rollo is just trying to show the light. I have only had AMD twice and it was 1055T and FX 6100, which was even worst that a 1055T. my old I5 750 ran circles around them.

I really hope AMD gets their act together. But I doubt they care much, as long as they have their die hard fans, who sacrifice performance for loyalty.

If we all stop buying AMD, they will do something about it, and do some actual work
QFT

Rewarding them for far worse chips with the Phenom 1,2, Bulldozer, and Vishera isn't working. They'll just keep pumping out weak parts if people keep buying them.
Old September 18, 2013, 10:58 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

I haven't really looked at an AMD review in ages, but it seems nothing has changed other than they're now the ones playing the MHZ game that Intel had played with the P4's. Good lord, my 4670K did better in a number of benches, and the power consumption, yeesh.
Old September 18, 2013, 07:26 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

What I don't get is, there are some people that are purchasing this cpu, i really don't get it. Buy a 3930K or the new 4930K and be worry free for a few years to come Oh and cheaper of course, its ridiculous:

Newegg.ca - AMD FX-9590 4.7GHz Socket AM3+ 220W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD9590FHHKWOF

Newegg.ca - Intel Core i7-4930K Ivy Bridge-E 3.4GHz LGA 2011 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX80633i74930K

Newegg.ca - Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX80619i73930K

Instead of being mad at the real rollo, may be we should read what he is saying. He is not making any personal attacks or anything, he is just having a discussion and some people are upset, I really don't get it.