Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 4, 2013, 10:07 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Maybe they've improved them since the model I purchased, but sli'd 560ti cards both had fan failures twice. That's 4 failures on two cards.... hardly a record which inspires me to purchase more of them..... ;)
Interesting.

I have a 560ti TF that's been runing almost 24/7 for 2 years now? All good, had a 2nd one for a couple months, all good, I've had a few TF cards in the past prior to these and never had issues.

You are cursed

I would not hesitate to buy another TF series card myself.
Old July 4, 2013, 10:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Brought my P67 right back to the RMA centre in Markham when I had problems - it was mailed back to me the next day!!!!
Old July 4, 2013, 10:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyllz View Post
Interesting.

I have a 560ti TF that's been runing almost 24/7 for 2 years now? All good, had a 2nd one for a couple months, all good, I've had a few TF cards in the past prior to these and never had issues.

You are cursed

I would not hesitate to buy another TF series card myself.
I think every techie has had one of those bad experiences which was opposite of everybody else's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
Brought my P67 right back to the RMA centre in Markham when I had problems - it was mailed back to me the next day!!!!
In spite of the issues I had with the TFs, my RMA experience with them was top notch which is why I'd have no problems buying a MSI product or recommending them to others.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old July 7, 2013, 08:09 AM
MVP

My System Specs

MSI and ASUS have RMA in Canada at least as of last year anyway, 1 of them has 2 or 3 centers
Old July 9, 2013, 01:39 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenor View Post
Hey guys

I'm looking at picking up an MSI mobo that's on sale right now. Haven't had any experience with MSI and wanted to get your impressions and experiences before I dive in. Does MSI have an RMA centre in Canada?

Board will not be overclocked and will be going into my wife's new build. She is not a heavy user at all. Mostly just web surf/VPN to work.

I have 2 MSI MB's here, Z77's 1155's and they are flawless
Mushkin #997007
Noctua NH-D14
Gigabyte GTX 660
Seasonic X-660
Corsair 540 Cube
Noctua case fans
Intel Speed Demon x 2

using Prime 95 27.9

Old July 26, 2013, 11:00 PM
Rookie

Thought I'd Chime in here:

MSI has a drop off centre in Markham, it doesn't actually do the RMA's there directly, most times still have to wait for a item to come up from the states unless they have one sitting in the storeroom there. I've had a couple MSI things, in general I have been satisfied though I haven't been blown away. There customer service personal are hit and miss, when you get through to them they are usually very good and responsive to getting a RMA underway, but getting them to return a e-mail or a voicemail is like pulling teeth, had to keep calling till I got through to someone.

Biggest grief I had with them is with a 6970 Lightning video card, The first one I had was great until it appears one of the VRM's started acting up and shutting down the card randomly. After getting a hold of them they authorized a RMA, I dropped off the card and about a week later the replacement arrived.... Sadly the replacement had issues, looks like it was either a refurb or a defect as the GPU would idle around 50-60 and even opening chrome would spike it to 80+ ruling out any sort of gaming.

Got a hold of them again and they authorized another RMA, this time I asked for a advanced replacement so that I didn't have to wait for the card to arrive before they shipped the replacement, they OK'ed it stating I would have to have a hold placed on my credit card as insurance, which I authorized.

Replacement card arrived in less then a week, but this time the one feature that differentiates between the standard and lightning versions (Dual bios, a power and a standard mode) was broken, it appears both BIOS's have been flashed with the standard mode clocks and power throttle. Tried getting a hold of their tech support but they never bothered to respond, eventually I gave up and located the bios myself.

Fast forward a couple weeks and I get my credit card statement, instead of putting a hold on the account they charged the card. Granted they refunded the charge after the replacement arrived but because they charged in USD I got short changed in conversion fees, had to have a lengthy discussion with their customer service staff about the difference between authorizing a hold and charge.

Have I avoided them? No, My new MB is MSI but I wouldn't recommend them as highly as other brands to family members that are less technically inclined.