Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 13, 2013, 10:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Back in the day, yes. My Rampage Formula from 2006 has this "feature" didn't like it then as PCIe was being phased in and I wanted to switch. It just surprises me this is still going on. It would really surprise me to find people still using this standard today. Even I moved to USB PCIe years ago. Save for a PCI NIC I just replaced with a USB one on my Intel board.

Edit: Just noticed I went OT again. Damn dementia setting in.

Last edited by IRQ Conflict; June 13, 2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old June 13, 2013, 11:39 AM
Allstar

After reading a lot of reviews for my last build (Z77) I was deciding between the Extreme 9 and Sabertooth. Really the only reason I went with the Sabertooth was due to availability. ASRock was never really on my radar before then but they have made some great strides in the last few years.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old June 13, 2013, 01:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Sigh, now I'm looking at the MSI MPower. I suck at this. But to be fair (to me) I haven't seen much that's out there yet. Asus has always been stellar for me. But I just want to change up from the red/black theme.
Old June 13, 2013, 02:15 PM
Allstar

Haha, I wouldn't say you suck at it. Just doing your research.....at least that's always been my excuse. I can easily go a month or two reading review, forums etc before actually deciding on something.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old June 13, 2013, 02:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I won't be able to put something together before next month. No rush. I've waited six years for a decent performance bump to get me to upgrade again, I can wait a few weeks more. ;)

Will be interesting to see if Rev.2 boards come out soon enough for me and to see how CPU's globally are OC'ing in a month. Sure am glad I don't have a current i7. I doubt I'd jump on the Haswell bandwagon if that were the case.
Old June 21, 2013, 07:07 PM
Top Prospect

Anyone seen any info on when chips will start flowing that have this bug fixed?
Because I use attached storage I'm concerned I will experience this. Not a large issue for me, however for my family they just use the content not manage the PC.
16GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866
Corsair TX750w in a Corsair 550d
Old June 21, 2013, 10:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Haven't heard anything yet. I expect it to trickle down in a month or two.
Old June 22, 2013, 03:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intel
4th gen Core is on track for a midyear launch. Intel issued a PCN (Product Change Notification) documenting a chipset USB errata and stating that chipsets with the errata will be in production during the initial ramp. But Intel has confirmed that there is no chance of data loss or corruption. This issue has only been observed with a small subset of USB SuperSpeed thumb drives and does not affect other USB peripherals. We take all customer issues seriously and should any customer have a question or concern they can always contact Intel customer support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnet
According to the Product Change Notification, a new "stepping" -- a version of the chipset with the fix -- will be sent as samples to customers starting April 19. The final version of the fixed chipset will be available starting July 15.
Quick google search in March gave this answer (though no specific dates at that time)

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old June 22, 2013, 05:23 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
Quick google search in March gave this answer (though no specific dates at that time)
I did a search an saw lots on info from March but not this one. Most of what I read was comment applying to the first sample chips vs the current production release.

Thanks, I guess I will start to collect components for an end of summer rebuild.
16GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866
Corsair TX750w in a Corsair 550d
Old June 22, 2013, 07:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

oniy for XP OS i read any other OS is ok USB 3.0