Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 11, 2013, 06:16 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Will there be a future for AM3+? Or is the future in FM2? I.E, how will Steamroller/Excavator show its face? Will it be strictly APU?
does these 2 work on the current highend board from asus right now?
Old June 11, 2013, 06:24 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yeap they sure do that's the AMD advantage, their sockets support a lot of old and newer CPUs compare to Intel when every time they have the "tick" they need a new socket.
Old June 11, 2013, 11:20 PM
Top Prospect

can ah 5ghz piledriver even come close to anything intell has out currently in the last 4 gens if i7's gaming wise. i mean isnt the piledriver a few steps behind ah 2500k even? i dont see how in anyway there going to topples any sort of ivy bridge 3570k/3770k oced with supposedly half the power draw if this 200w beast if thats what the power draw would require since i remeber reading somewhere that ocing piledriver sucked alot more wattage period. i think like others have said its just picking there best batches of whats left and offering these as an eol to maybe enthusiasts? if they can come within 15% even maybe 12ish performance wise. i could see this a a good pr move to get rid of old stock cause god knows the prices on there fxline has seen such a decent price drop and i'm okay with that. but as far as i am aware of intell has always been worth spending the extra money for. i am just really curious to say the the price is going to be. maybe the can drop the high end one on the 250ish bracket and the 4.7 in the same bracket as the existing 8350.
Old June 11, 2013, 11:27 PM
Top Prospect

i forgot to add as well that it seems like intell is leaps and bounds ahead when it comes to releasing new and better version of there existing products with just overall better features that keep improving from year to year. i hope amd can get this supposed steamroller shit going, but hey that may be scrapped because in reality i dont think they can actually catch up or ever will. last time that i can remember amd beating intel was with that 64fx line. i could be mistaking so correct me but for the most part intell has just been better. and thank god i finaly after 6 years hopped on the intel bandwagon thanks too some of the deals i found on this site. 1035t out 3770k in
Old June 12, 2013, 05:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesj View Post
i forgot to add as well that it seems like intell is leaps and bounds ahead when it comes to releasing new and better version of there existing products with just overall better features that keep improving from year to year. i hope amd can get this supposed steamroller shit going, but hey that may be scrapped because in reality i dont think they can actually catch up or ever will. last time that i can remember amd beating intel was with that 64fx line. i could be mistaking so correct me but for the most part intell has just been better. and thank god i finaly after 6 years hopped on the intel bandwagon thanks too some of the deals i found on this site. 1035t out 3770k in
Really? You think Haswell is leaps and bounds better than Ivy is leaps and bounds better than Sandy?

I don't think so.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old June 12, 2013, 07:45 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Will there be a future for AM3+? Or is the future in FM2? I.E, how will Steamroller/Excavator show its face? Will it be strictly APU?
Kaveri is FM2+.

I think AM3 will stick around with us a little while longer.

Last edited by SKYMTL; June 14, 2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old June 12, 2013, 07:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Kaveri is AM2+.

I think AM3 will stick around with us a little while longer.
You mean FM2+. I don't think it will be compatible with Athlon/Phenom boards....LOL!

Anyways, my main question is, will AMD continue to release FX series parts? I'm not interested in an APU for a gaming rig with a discrete graphics card (although I do run an APU with a discrete card in one of my rigs, and it's great!).

I still have an AM3+ board in yet another of my rigs. The 1055T in that thing is just begging to be replaced. Not that there's anything wrong with Vishera, but I hope that there is a product that comes after that will fit in my board!

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old June 13, 2013, 09:49 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Arrow AMD reveals base clock, power rating for 5GHz CPU [The Tech Report]

It turns out that the FX 9370 & FX 9590 will only be available to system integrators, so no retail availability - "available from system integrators globally beginning this summer." - Source: The Tech Report
Old June 14, 2013, 05:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Not yet at least and WOW 220W TDP

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
DeeraxTheCoolNemo: "I never preSs CaPLoCK I just HiT my keyS so Hard ThEY Crit"
Old June 14, 2013, 06:46 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyMellon View Post
It turns out that the FX 9370 & FX 9590 will only be available to system integrators, so no retail availability - "available from system integrators globally beginning this summer." - Source: The Tech Report
Time to actually START reading our news posts.....

Our post:

At this point, availability and pricing are the two largest question marks. Hardware Canucks cannot independently confirm this but industry sources have stated these processors won’t be available of individual purchase, at least initially. Rather, they will make their way into the hands of a few select overclockers (expect to see records start falling like dominos) and system builders. We will likely see them in high end gaming computers from Hypersonic, Maingear and others sometime during the summer.