LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 20, 2013, 09:00 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
Wow big difference!
Yeah, and what's strange is that the serial number of the first one was 036, and this one is 067, and all the other numbers including the batch number are the same. I am not familiar with Intel's serial number scheme, but that would indicate very close on the production line to me.

I've re-applied CLU to the first chip, and re-tested and it's actually running hotter now , so I'm going to have to give it, and the detached IHS a good thorough cleaning and see what I can do here as well.

CoolLaboratories Ultra and Pro are super-mega-sensitive to any dirt or foreign substance on any of the mating surfaces.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old June 20, 2013, 09:04 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10e View Post
Yeah, and what's strange is that the serial number of the first one was 036, and this one is 067, and all the other numbers including the batch number are the same. I am not familiar with Intel's serial number scheme, but that would indicate very close on the production line to me.

I've re-applied CLU to the first chip, and re-tested and it's actually running hotter now , so I'm going to have to give it, and the detached IHS a good thorough cleaning and see what I can do here as well.

CoolLaboratories Ultra and Pro are super-mega-sensitive to any dirt or foreign substance on any of the mating surfaces.
Might as well check to see how flat the IHS is. Maybe it has some warp to it. Or better yet try it naked.