Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 5, 2013, 01:13 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
there's an eSATA port, too, so that allows for a total of five.
Hadn't thought of that so really 5 plus that slot thingy isn't too shabby.
Old June 5, 2013, 01:16 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

They have packed a lot into that little board... though I think the placement of the PCI-e slot is too tight. Maybe if you were able to play with a riser card.
Old June 5, 2013, 04:22 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Man that sucker is small. I would prefer jumbo atx personally lol
Old June 5, 2013, 04:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Regardless of the colour, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. That in a black Prodigy, with the right setup and you've got a Potent little gamer.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 5, 2013, 04:58 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Regardless of the colour, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. That in a black Prodigy, with the right setup and you've got a Potent little gamer.

-ST
Pair that with a 4770K and a GTX780, that's one LAN rig that can kick a whole lot of ass.

Here is a video from NordicHardware @ Computex 2013 where they overclock the 4770K to 6.8 on LN2 using Maximus VI Extreme and Impact

Asus Maximus VI Extreme and Maximus VI Impact overclocked with LN2 (Swedish) - YouTube
Old June 5, 2013, 05:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

This board in a fractal node 304 would be a nice little combo!
Old June 6, 2013, 09:11 AM
Top Prospect

There's a custom Ncase m1 run being done through indiegogo that will be a perfect fit for this.

And in any case, this is what's needed to push all the other ancillary product vendors to get on the wagon. Power supplies are still limited to what silverstone offers, cases are slowly catching up, etc. People initially laughed at the P8z77-i deluxe as being overkill but it obviously sold very well, so much in fact that asus is running with two premium mITX boards this time. ITX is now able to overclock just as good as the big boys, it's not just for HTPC's or other lower end builds anymore.
Old June 6, 2013, 09:55 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylSp View Post
There's a custom Ncase m1 run being done through indiegogo that will be a perfect fit for this.

And in any case, this is what's needed to push all the other ancillary product vendors to get on the wagon. Power supplies are still limited to what silverstone offers, cases are slowly catching up, etc. People initially laughed at the P8z77-i deluxe as being overkill but it obviously sold very well, so much in fact that asus is running with two premium mITX boards this time. ITX is now able to overclock just as good as the big boys, it's not just for HTPC's or other lower end builds anymore.
It also helps moving the VRM on die as well as having chips that are so much more efficient that it makes Practical sense.

I do agree we are limited by PSU's (Though Silverstones are good kit so...) and cases.
But we will get them, and soon mATX and mITX will become their own new standard.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com