Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old June 4, 2013, 01:51 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 91
Default 1035t upgrade

I havent been able to luck out on grabbing a used 2500k/3570k for my upgrade and i was wondering if theres anything amd currently has right now thats going to make it worth shelling out some coin for an upgrade. i've looked at the fx 4100/6300 and the 8320 but i just dont know enough about amd's newer line of cpu's. Also i would like know how much of a performance gain i would obtain from ocing either of the above 3 mentioned and if it would warrant a cpu/mobo upgrade compared to just forking out for a 3570k ?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old June 4, 2013, 02:11 PM
great_big_abyss's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,211

My System Specs

Default

What motherboard do you have?

If you have already have an AM3+ motherboard, you should be able to just drop in an 8350 and actually see a fairly significant performance boost over your 1035T in all applications. If you don't already have an AM3 motherboard, I would keep looking for a good deal on a 3570K and a decent Z77 motherboard. You can catch them sometimes for about $340 new for a processor/motherboard.
__________________



HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old June 4, 2013, 03:05 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 91
Default

any thoughts on the fx 6300 and ocing it? what sort of performance increase will that net over my 1035t
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old June 4, 2013, 04:57 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 91
Default

is a brand new 2500k for 180 worth grabbing? thinking if picking it up in the next hour or so
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old June 4, 2013, 06:13 PM
supaflyx3's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chilliwack BC
Posts: 2,538

My System Specs

Default

Yes it is.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old June 4, 2013, 06:58 PM
great_big_abyss's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,211

My System Specs

Default

Send a PM to the guy in this thread:

Z68 V pro and 2500k

He's selling a 2500K and an ASUS Z68-V Pro for a decent price.

EDIT: Rather WAIT until he posts the thread in the BST, then send him a PM.
__________________



HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old June 4, 2013, 08:02 PM
MVP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Surrey, B.C.
Posts: 411
Default

What's your budget man? You obviously have something large if you're considering changing motherboards as well.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old June 4, 2013, 09:33 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 91
Default

budget isnt really the problem, its more or less saving where i can so i can sli 2 cards to go along with my new benq monitor. If there was a budget i'd like to say something along the lines of 225-250 shipped for a non abused 2500k/p68 and maybe 275-325 shipped depending on the mobo for an ivy brideg equiv

Last edited by stylesj; June 4, 2013 at 09:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking to upgrade and need some help with the MB Mishtar New Builds 7 October 28, 2011 12:09 PM
Should I upgrade my cpu for BF3? biggyk CPU's and Motherboards 14 September 29, 2011 06:40 AM
what to upgrade? peasofme Video Cards 14 August 26, 2011 07:52 PM
VGA upgrade from GTX 260 first, or CPU+mobo upgrade first? panzerfan Video Cards 9 April 6, 2010 08:25 PM
Cpu, Gpu or what? upgrade? phil3_66666 CPU's and Motherboards 12 March 14, 2009 05:54 PM