Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25, 2013, 09:13 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Do you have anything connected to the asmedia controller? Sounds like either what is connected has issues or the controller itself is faulty.
i dont have anything connected to it.... how can i fix that???
Old April 25, 2013, 09:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by syaoran7li View Post
i dont have anything connected to it.... how can i fix that???
Well is the board under warranty? If it is then get the thing replaced ASAP. If not turn off the asmedia storage controller and forget about it.
Old April 25, 2013, 11:50 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Well is the board under warranty? If it is then get the thing replaced ASAP. If not turn off the asmedia storage controller and forget about it.
Well ya its under warrenty.... bought it last december... but if i have to send it.. it will take a lot of time for it to get replaced right... and till that time i cant use my system... T_T

Hmmm anyway will send it for replacement anyway.. but before that have to confirm its the problem.. is there any way to check...??
Old April 25, 2013, 11:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by syaoran7li View Post
Well ya its under warrenty.... bought it last december... but if i have to send it.. it will take a lot of time for it to get replaced right... and till that time i cant use my system... T_T

Hmmm anyway will send it for replacement anyway.. but before that have to confirm its the problem.. is there any way to check...??
Could try to update the bios too.

Version 3602
Description Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 3602
1.Fixed target cpu ratio speed display issue
2.Add ROG Exchange support.
File Size 4,24 MBytesupdate
Old April 25, 2013, 02:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If the update doesn't work I'd say the mobo is damaged somehow. I have an asmedia controller with no issues. Would you rather deal with a bung mobo or know you are using one that works as advertised?
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old April 25, 2013, 06:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ If your going to RA the Board, take the time to carefully check the Socket pins after removing the CPU. When I say I had the same issue with an X58 Board a few yrs ago "I'm not blowing smoke up anybody's axx" (certain Poster) simply trying to help, it isnt difficult to bend Socket Pins when installing a CPU and the Boot results can be as described, I was able to get into my BIOS just fine, it was sporadic and unsuccesful boots into Windows.

Upon inspection I found a couple of slightly bent pins.

Old April 25, 2013, 07:30 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Could try to update the bios too.

Version 3602
Description Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 3602
1.Fixed target cpu ratio speed display issue
2.Add ROG Exchange support.
File Size 4,24 MBytesupdate
Already have the updated bios...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshades View Post
If the update doesn't work I'd say the mobo is damaged somehow. I have an asmedia controller with no issues. Would you rather deal with a bung mobo or know you are using one that works as advertised?
Hmmm... Will sent it for replacement ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^ If your going to RA the Board, take the time to carefully check the Socket pins after removing the CPU. When I say I had the same issue with an X58 Board a few yrs ago "I'm not blowing smoke up anybody's axx" (certain Poster) simply trying to help, it isnt difficult to bend Socket Pins when installing a CPU and the Boot results can be as described, I was able to get into my BIOS just fine, it was sporadic and unsuccesful boots into Windows.

Upon inspection I found a couple of slightly bent pins.
Okay sure will check it out.. thanks..
Old April 25, 2013, 07:32 PM
Top Prospect

And guys just now i tried enabling Asmedia storage controller... and tried restarting a couple of times.. and this time i didnt get any BSOD errors and also it didnt get stuck on starting windows screen...?? Its weird... so what could be the problem.. now im soooo confused???
Old April 25, 2013, 08:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I don't have time to go through it right now but someone else might explain it. You can save crash logs on BSOD's and examine them after the fact. This may help point to the culprit. I'm gonna guess that this issue isn't over for you. This will help you eliminate software issues ok? Once you iron that out you'll know it's a hardware issue.

I posted this in the trouble shooting forum but i'll post it here again as you need these instructions to correctly decipher a crash dump file.
Here's the 1st thing you need! This software is backwards compatible

Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) for Windows 8

after you install this software you will open a crash dump and then you'll need to add this other stuff... sigh.
When you read the crash dump you will get errors regarding windows symbols blah blah blah...
Follow the instructions here:
Use the Microsoft Symbol Server to obtain debug symbol files

Now you will begin to understand exactly what is going on in those crash dumps.

Note http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols is not browseable and is only intended for access by the debugger.

The above part is critical to the debugging software reading those crash dumps correctly

**Note** found some time:
right click my computer >> click properties.
click advanced system settings
click advanced tab
Click start up and recovery
uncheck automatically restart (gives you a chance to see any errors) Write it down or take a picture
Kernel Memory Dump as option
uncheck overwrite any existing file (incase you are having multiple different problems)

Click ok (might ask for reboot)
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.

Last edited by clshades; April 25, 2013 at 08:50 PM.