Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 15, 2013, 09:45 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default ASRock Updates AM3+ Lineup With Flagship 990FX Extreme9

Instead of being content to retain the status quo, ASRock is forging ahead with a flagship 990FX motherboard for AMD’s newest generation of Vishera processors.

Read more here: ASRock Updates AM3+ Lineup With Flagship 990FX Extreme9 | Hardware Canucks
Old January 15, 2013, 11:57 AM
F@H

My System Specs

And they are poised to knock down the titan that is ASUS. Espically after ASUS let ECS start building their boards....

I've actually been eyeing ASRock for an upgrade later with my wifes computer.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 15, 2013, 12:07 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

If it had 10 sata ports like the other ASRock E9 boards....I would so have snapped this bad boy up for my 8350 build.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 15, 2013, 02:54 PM
Allstar

I still prefer my Crosshair V and my MSI 990FX , I can even control it with my phone, all MSI board come with MSI commander a very nice feature , it go more far than Asus Rog Connect as you can control Media Center with it too
Old January 15, 2013, 08:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I guess the MFGs still don't care about mATX boards for this platform? I would've rather seen an Extreme4-M with a 990.
I can't see it being a physical limitation if they can release this: ASRock > X79 Extreme4-M
Old January 15, 2013, 08:17 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Espically after ASUS let ECS start building their boards....
WTF?! Since when did that start?
Old January 15, 2013, 08:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow View Post
WTF?! Since when did that start?
Not to long ago, but ASRock has ASUS's old Fab plant to use (which made solid boards in the Past) and ASUS has outsourced to ECS to do there builds.
Scary, isn't it.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old January 15, 2013, 08:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Not to long ago, but ASRock has ASUS's old Fab plant to use (which made solid boards in the Past) and ASUS has outsourced to ECS to do there builds.
Are you referring to this?
End of times, ASUS to completely end ODM production of motherboards by Pegatron :: TweakTown USA Edition
ASUS To Completely End Manufacturing of its Motherboards, Notebooks by Pegatron | techPowerUp

I wonder if this is why my Asus laptop BIOS killed itself when I tried to change the boot order
Old January 15, 2013, 08:38 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post
That would be the info, I can't remember how I dug it up but really interesting.
It was that coupled with a few other issues that made me surrender and go back to Intel Branded Foxconn boards.

-ST

Old January 15, 2013, 09:45 PM
Rookie

Quote:
That would be the info, I can't remember how I dug it up but really interesting.
It was that coupled with a few other issues that made me surrender and go back to Intel Branded Foxconn boards.

-ST
Well I'll have to see how ECS is doing, what with me buying a new ASUS Motherboard soon.