Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   ASRock Updates AM3+ Lineup With Flagship 990FX Extreme9 (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/59155-asrock-updates-am3-lineup-flagship-990fx-extreme9.html)

SKYMTL January 15, 2013 09:45 AM

ASRock Updates AM3+ Lineup With Flagship 990FX Extreme9

Instead of being content to retain the status quo, ASRock is forging ahead with a flagship 990FX motherboard for AMD’s newest generation of Vishera processors.

Read more here: ASRock Updates AM3+ Lineup With Flagship 990FX Extreme9 | Hardware Canucks

Soultribunal January 15, 2013 11:57 AM

And they are poised to knock down the titan that is ASUS. Espically after ASUS let ECS start building their boards....

I've actually been eyeing ASRock for an upgrade later with my wifes computer.

-ST

AkG January 15, 2013 12:07 PM

If it had 10 sata ports like the other ASRock E9 boards....I would so have snapped this bad boy up for my 8350 build.

botat29 January 15, 2013 02:54 PM

I still prefer my Crosshair V and my MSI 990FX , I can even control it with my phone, all MSI board come with MSI commander a very nice feature , it go more far than Asus Rog Connect as you can control Media Center with it too

frontier204 January 15, 2013 08:08 PM

I guess the MFGs still don't care about mATX boards for this platform? I would've rather seen an Extreme4-M with a 990.
I can't see it being a physical limitation if they can release this: ASRock > X79 Extreme4-M

moocow January 15, 2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 684500)
Espically after ASUS let ECS start building their boards....

WTF?! Since when did that start?

Soultribunal January 15, 2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moocow (Post 684594)
WTF?! Since when did that start?

Not to long ago, but ASRock has ASUS's old Fab plant to use (which made solid boards in the Past) and ASUS has outsourced to ECS to do there builds.
Scary, isn't it.

-ST

frontier204 January 15, 2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 684595)
Not to long ago, but ASRock has ASUS's old Fab plant to use (which made solid boards in the Past) and ASUS has outsourced to ECS to do there builds.

Are you referring to this?
End of times, ASUS to completely end ODM production of motherboards by Pegatron :: TweakTown USA Edition
ASUS To Completely End Manufacturing of its Motherboards, Notebooks by Pegatron | techPowerUp

I wonder if this is why my Asus laptop BIOS killed itself when I tried to change the boot order :ph34r:

Soultribunal January 15, 2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frontier204 (Post 684597)
Are you referring to this?
End of times, ASUS to completely end ODM production of motherboards by Pegatron :: TweakTown USA Edition
ASUS To Completely End Manufacturing of its Motherboards, Notebooks by Pegatron | techPowerUp

I wonder if this is why my Asus laptop BIOS killed itself when I tried to change the boot order :ph34r:

That would be the info, I can't remember how I dug it up but really interesting.
It was that coupled with a few other issues that made me surrender and go back to Intel Branded Foxconn boards.

-ST

Fingercramps January 15, 2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 684600)
That would be the info, I can't remember how I dug it up but really interesting.
It was that coupled with a few other issues that made me surrender and go back to Intel Branded Foxconn boards.

-ST

Well I'll have to see how ECS is doing, what with me buying a new ASUS Motherboard soon.