Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8, 2013, 08:13 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default EVGA Teases Upcoming X79 Dark Motherboard

EVGA’s tradition of releasing high end overclocker-friendly motherboards continues with the upcoming X79 Dark.

EVGA typically keeps their product development under lock and key until they’re ready to show something off. Motherboards may not be their primary focus these days but that doesn’t mean EVGA has forgotten about past successes. The X79 Dark is an effort to relive the glory days by offering overclockers a no-frills motherboard with enthusiast-oriented features and plenty of clock speed headroom.

Read more here: EVGA Teases Upcoming X79 Dark Motherboard | Hardware Canucks
Old January 8, 2013, 10:47 AM
Trial Member

Question Evga x79 dark

Is there any price point or estimated release date?
Old January 8, 2013, 10:56 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

A LOT and SOON. ;)
Old January 8, 2013, 10:56 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Normally I am excited with MB releases, but there latest offerings in the market have been lacklustre, and even I defaulted to my tradtitional Intel boards vs EVGA.
To Boot, I bet that MOSFET heatsink gets in the way of a lot of coolers (though hard to say without a better offset picture of the MB).
Coupled with that massive E.....hate to say it EVGA you guys have a ways to go in my eyes to bring you back to the glory days of X58 and the E758 board.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 8, 2013, 12:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Normally I am excited with MB releases, but there latest offerings in the market have been lacklustre, and even I defaulted to my tradtitional Intel boards vs EVGA.
To Boot, I bet that MOSFET heatsink gets in the way of a lot of coolers (though hard to say without a better offset picture of the MB).
Coupled with that massive E.....hate to say it EVGA you guys have a ways to go in my eyes to bring you back to the glory days of X58 and the E758 board.

-ST
GLORY Days? Of what, 28 revisions of the same 'board on the X58 chipset, all named 'classified', because each previous one had a 'bug' that they wouldnt fix, except by a new revision?

I'm long done with EVGA, and wont even support their GPU's any more due to the motherboard fiascos I delt with. They go right beside Gigabyte Motherboards.

But hey, my disclaimer applies
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old January 8, 2013, 12:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
GLORY Days? Of what, 28 revisions of the same 'board on the X58 chipset, all named 'classified', because each previous one had a 'bug' that they wouldnt fix, except by a new revision?

I'm long done with EVGA, and wont even support their GPU's any more due to the motherboard fiascos I delt with. They go right beside Gigabyte Motherboards.

But hey, my disclaimer applies
No worries. I guess you and a lot of others were unlucky. I call it Glory days because for all the builds I did with the EVGA boards, theres were the most seemless. ASUS P6T's gave me and friends worlds of trouble, GB's as well. I guess it depends at the end who you ask.

Regardless, it is not like I would be purchasing one of these anyways. I will stick with my Foxxconn boards (Intel) and bask in there reliabilty.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 8, 2013, 06:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Honestly I never understood why EVGA went into the motherboard market. Same goes for Sapphire. It's a saturated market that I really cannot see being the most profitable.

I personally wouldn't touch a EVGA motherboard with a 10ft pole. They never look well built or designed in my eyes. They always look so sparse like it's missing components compared to that of ASUS.

And by "dark" I expected an all black (or grey) motherboard like the X58 ASUS had released. Clearly EVGA doesn't quite understand the term.
Old January 8, 2013, 06:47 PM

My System Specs

I am unimpressed. Which seems to happen with every EVGA motherboard in the past couple of years. First off that huge E is just hideous. People tend to want less branding on their hardware these days, not bigger and more. And again they use that silly 90 degree 24-pin connector. This on such a wide board is ridiculous. It prevents their boards from being used in a whole lot of cases.
Old January 9, 2013, 11:39 AM
MVP

I doubt I will ever touch an EVGA mb again after having 4 (or was it 5) x58 classified's die on me.

Think I will stick with Gigabyte boards and or MSI for future builds. Over the last 17 yrs of doing builds....MSI and GB have given me the fewest headaches. Nothing fancy about them....they just seem to work 24/7 with no issues (for me).

But...To each his own

They say you can tell how rich a man's life has been, by how many dogs he has had in it.

RIP Kiwi - Oct 19th/05 - April 18th/11, you will always be our puppy
Old January 9, 2013, 12:39 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i just went and looked at all the Evga boards on NCIX and newegg, once again i found myself staring at ASUS boards...

oh well