Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 9, 2013, 04:55 PM
MVP

That is one ugly heatsink.....

For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.

When a ladder was stolen from a store the manager said that further steps would be taken
Old January 9, 2013, 05:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Shake_ View Post
i just went and looked at all the Evga boards on NCIX and newegg, once again i found myself staring at ASUS boards...

oh well
Yup. I've only used Asus/Foxconn for the last decade. Only problem I ever had was an old S7 board who's VIA chipset didn't properly support the AGP spec making it impossible to upgrade from my Voodoo to an ATI Rage 128.
Old January 10, 2013, 04:33 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I didnt even know EVGA made motherboards so i don't know how good they are but to me personally the board doesn't look too bad, it would look even better if it was in a color schemed case.
Old January 10, 2013, 06:59 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Had my own EVGA NForce 680i board for my bro's machine. Solid as a rock with no issues whatsoever, but for my personal systems I'm personally more trusting of the companies that actually design and make the product themselves like Asus and Gigabyte. Also I have to agree with lowfat and Soultribunal that "e" on the heat sink is ugly

Asus P6X58-E WS | i7 920 D0 @ 4.01ghz W/ Apogee HD Block | 24gb (3x 8gb) Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 2x EVGA GTX 680 SC's in SLI W/ XSPC Razor Blocks |
4x 1tb WD Black Drives | SB Recon 3D PCIe | Swiftech MP655-SE Pump | Swiftech Maelstrom Res | CM HAF 932 | Corsair HX 850 (3 yr's old) | Asus VH236H + PA238QR
Old January 10, 2013, 07:08 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollergold View Post
Had my own EVGA NForce 680i board for my bro's machine. Solid as a rock with no issues whatsoever, but for my personal systems I'm personally more trusting of the companies that actually design and make the product themselves like Asus and Gigabyte. Also I have to agree with lowfat and Soultribunal that "e" on the heat sink is ugly
Yeah but ASUS really doesn't anymore. From my understanding a lot of ASUS is designed by ECS now.....google it...I was shocked too. ASRock is doing pretty good by having ASUS's old FAB to do there boards. Tends to make them better.

Intel is well trusted by me because IIRC Foxconn does most of there work and its quality.

EVGA as I stated lost most of my faith when X58 ended...

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 10, 2013, 07:20 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Yeah but ASUS really doesn't anymore. From my understanding a lot of ASUS is designed by ECS now.....google it...I was shocked too. ASRock is doing pretty good by having ASUS's old FAB to do there boards. Tends to make them better.

Intel is well trusted by me because IIRC Foxconn does most of there work and its quality.

EVGA as I stated lost most of my faith when X58 ended...

-ST
Wow your correct. Never thought Asus would offload manufacturing duties of their mobo's but given the state of the world economy maybe it shouldn't be too shocking.

Asus P6X58-E WS | i7 920 D0 @ 4.01ghz W/ Apogee HD Block | 24gb (3x 8gb) Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 2x EVGA GTX 680 SC's in SLI W/ XSPC Razor Blocks |
4x 1tb WD Black Drives | SB Recon 3D PCIe | Swiftech MP655-SE Pump | Swiftech Maelstrom Res | CM HAF 932 | Corsair HX 850 (3 yr's old) | Asus VH236H + PA238QR
Old January 10, 2013, 09:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Intel is well trusted by me because IIRC Foxconn does most of there work and its quality.-ST
Yup. My Badaxe2 is still rocking. And probably would for the next 10 years.
Old January 11, 2013, 09:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
Yup. My Badaxe2 is still rocking. And probably would for the next 10 years.
Nice, yeah for me its an do DG35EC and DG35DP. Old 775 boards but still doing there thing as backups.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 11, 2013, 03:16 PM
Rookie

Every time I try to look at an EVGA product I find myself either looking at an ASUS or Gigabyte product. Maybe its the shiny colors or the great quality, but both work very well on me.