Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   EVGA Teases Upcoming X79 Dark Motherboard (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/59021-evga-teases-upcoming-x79-dark-motherboard.html)

Mena January 9, 2013 05:55 PM

That is one ugly heatsink.....

IRQ Conflict January 9, 2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master_Shake_ (Post 683324)
i just went and looked at all the Evga boards on NCIX and newegg, once again i found myself staring at ASUS boards...

oh well

Yup. I've only used Asus/Foxconn for the last decade. Only problem I ever had was an old S7 board who's VIA chipset didn't properly support the AGP spec making it impossible to upgrade from my Voodoo to an ATI Rage 128.

BradM January 10, 2013 05:33 PM

I didnt even know EVGA made motherboards so i don't know how good they are but to me personally the board doesn't look too bad, it would look even better if it was in a color schemed case.

Rollergold January 10, 2013 07:59 PM

Had my own EVGA NForce 680i board for my bro's machine. Solid as a rock with no issues whatsoever, but for my personal systems I'm personally more trusting of the companies that actually design and make the product themselves like Asus and Gigabyte. Also I have to agree with lowfat and Soultribunal that "e" on the heat sink is ugly :dots:

Soultribunal January 10, 2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rollergold (Post 683616)
Had my own EVGA NForce 680i board for my bro's machine. Solid as a rock with no issues whatsoever, but for my personal systems I'm personally more trusting of the companies that actually design and make the product themselves like Asus and Gigabyte. Also I have to agree with lowfat and Soultribunal that "e" on the heat sink is ugly :dots:

Yeah but ASUS really doesn't anymore. From my understanding a lot of ASUS is designed by ECS now.....google it...I was shocked too. ASRock is doing pretty good by having ASUS's old FAB to do there boards. Tends to make them better.

Intel is well trusted by me because IIRC Foxconn does most of there work and its quality.

EVGA as I stated lost most of my faith when X58 ended...


-ST

Rollergold January 10, 2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 683619)
Yeah but ASUS really doesn't anymore. From my understanding a lot of ASUS is designed by ECS now.....google it...I was shocked too. ASRock is doing pretty good by having ASUS's old FAB to do there boards. Tends to make them better.

Intel is well trusted by me because IIRC Foxconn does most of there work and its quality.

EVGA as I stated lost most of my faith when X58 ended...


-ST

Wow your correct. Never thought Asus would offload manufacturing duties of their mobo's but given the state of the world economy maybe it shouldn't be too shocking.

IRQ Conflict January 10, 2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 683619)
Intel is well trusted by me because IIRC Foxconn does most of there work and its quality.-ST

Yup. My Badaxe2 is still rocking. And probably would for the next 10 years.

Soultribunal January 11, 2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict (Post 683651)
Yup. My Badaxe2 is still rocking. And probably would for the next 10 years.

Nice, yeah for me its an do DG35EC and DG35DP. Old 775 boards but still doing there thing as backups.

-ST

Fingercramps January 11, 2013 04:16 PM

Every time I try to look at an EVGA product I find myself either looking at an ASUS or Gigabyte product. Maybe its the shiny colors or the great quality, but both work very well on me.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:17 PM.