Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   Awesome evga Factory watercooled 680i (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/584-awesome-evga-factory-watercooled-680i.html)

Babrbarossa March 15, 2007 11:44 AM

Awesome evga Factory watercooled 680i

Inquirer photographed this awesome board at CeBit- it has watercooled north and southbridge, V-regs, and of course CPU and GPU. (I make no apologies for my fanboyism)

"numbers in the graphics enthusiast market are very low, they count extra in a fight for prestige that helps mainstream and low-end sales.

In addition, tweaking products for enthusiasts will keep the engineering minds sharp and aware of potential problems with say the BIOS or firmware. EVGA used CeBIT to launch a revision of known nForce 680i motherboard in a custom designed form. The guys'n'gals at EVGA teamed up with innovatek AG and will be offering a fully water-cooled motherboard for the more extreme overclocker crowd. "

More from the Inquirer

cyberspyder March 15, 2007 12:23 PM

Is this their 'Black Pearl' card?

Supergrover March 15, 2007 12:27 PM

Damn, thats some nice drops in hot spots.

sswilson March 15, 2007 01:01 PM

Suweet!!!!

Now that's something I could get behind.

One would hope that with economics of scale the whole WC kit could be had for..... lesseee.... 4XWB @ $40/per = $160..... I'd buy that for a dollar!!!!!

If they could bring the mobo + WB in under $500 it'd make a person gag at the initial outlay, but a mobo @ the current $300+ with a later date $200 upgrade could possibly work.......

Bring it on!!!!!

(The only thing that concerned me from that pic was the placement of the 6 pin connectors directly behind the vid card. I hope that's a reallllly long vid card they've got in there, `cause there's no room for expansion).

Babrbarossa March 15, 2007 01:10 PM

I'm wondering if I should invest in a couple V-reg waterblocks- I think they're 1/4 inch fittings though.

Misoprostol March 15, 2007 01:51 PM

I stopped reading when I saw innovatek. Who cares at that point?

sswilson March 15, 2007 01:59 PM

Crap WB?

Wankerfx March 15, 2007 03:23 PM

Garf, I'd just invest in a decent waterblock.

:biggrin:

Babrbarossa March 15, 2007 03:49 PM

Looking for innovatek reviews- not many out there, and most are old, but favorable.

Misoprostol March 15, 2007 04:09 PM

Yeah, it's not so much about it being terrible as about it being not worth it for the money. There's some really nice Koolance stuff out there. I mean, besides all that, there's the fact that it uses weak small diameter tubing, and the fact that you don't actually gain any performance from water cooling any of those components...

I think I'm going to pick up a quad core fixed eVGA board today. I'll let you all know how it goes.... If it sucks it's going back again.:angry2: