Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 24, 2012, 05:38 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Mini ITX APU boards?

Newegg.ca - ASUS C60M1-I AMD Fusion APU C-60 (1.0GHz, dual core) AMD Hudson M1 Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo

So I stumbled across one of these today, and I wanna know a little more about them.
What are they mainly used for? A home server? A online game server? A gaming rig? (lol)
It's a APU chip at 1.0GHz dualcore, and it supports 16GB of Ram and has six Sata 6Gb/s ports.
Besides all that, I thought to myself, how cool would it be to build a mineral oil cooled PC with this board. Because it would be a inexpensive project, look cool, and be lots of fun to build. Pair it up with some low profile ram, a low Watt PSU, and a SSD, then put it in a fishtank of oil. Cute.
Old November 24, 2012, 10:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

My Guess would be an HTPC enviroment , since normally AMD's APU offerings as of late are pretty damn powerful for that type of scenerio.
At least, that is what I would use it for.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 25, 2012, 12:35 AM
MVP

That's with the CPU integrated. I believe Asrock has an FM2 m-itx board out where you can put your own A10 or A8 in it.
Allows you to have a pretty decent PC in an extremely small form factor. Not a lot of them out, but they're much like the Intel's where people put their own i5 or i7s in there. So yeah, you can have a gaming rig in an itx form factor.
Old November 25, 2012, 03:15 PM
Allstar

Mini RAID server would be great since you can get MITX towers with 6 HDD slots. Add a PCI-E RAID card and off you go.
Old November 25, 2012, 03:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There is a White Prodigy fore someone in TO and one of these = NAS :)