Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 22, 2012, 11:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default DisplayPort attached to Intel Graphics?

Hi all,

I was trying and failing to find something faster than USB 2.0 to attach an external HDD to my work computer, and I found a port I haven't used before.

I attached a picture of the port (circled, near the VGA). Is that a DisplayPort? It looks like what I see on Google Image search for it, but I wasn't sure because the only thing it could possibly attach to is Intel Graphics, and I've only ever seen DVI/HDMI on mobo onboard graphics

Thanks!
Attached Images

Old November 22, 2012, 12:52 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I think that looks like a standard HDMI output.
got a cable to plug in there?
Old November 22, 2012, 01:01 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

It has the cert'ed Display Port logo next to it (the D with P in it in black and white)...so I would say its a DP port. Only way to be sure.....is plug in a DP cable. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr