Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   100% CPU usage when exporting? :-/ (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/57992-100-cpu-usage-when-exporting.html)

xvl89 November 20, 2012 03:29 PM

100% CPU usage when exporting? :-/

When exporting a 3min long video which is 1080p and 50Fps my CPU usage goes upto 100%, but why?

I was using a PC at uni with a i7 2600k and that only used 15/20% for the same video :-/

Also, whenever I stay on the World of Warcraft character screen for a while my graphics card goes wild with the fans and gets quite hot :S Not that hot that its a problem, but the fans are loud when it does this.. But I Play the game at Ultra maxed out at very high FPS no issues or heat!

Rig:

i7 3770k
amd gigabyte 7970 OC
8gig ram
120g SSD
1 TB Caviar black
MSI G43 mobo

Thanks in advance!

enaberif November 20, 2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xvl89 (Post 672120)
When exporting a 3min long video which is 1080p and 50Fps my CPU usage goes upto 100%, but why?

I was using a PC at uni with a i7 2600k and that only used 15/20% for the same video :-/

Also, whenever I stay on the World of Warcraft character screen for a while my graphics card goes wild with the fans and gets quite hot :S Not that hot that its a problem, but the fans are loud when it does this.. But I Play the game at Ultra maxed out at very high FPS no issues or heat!

Rig:

i7 3770k
amd gigabyte 7970 OC
8gig ram
120g SSD
1 TB Caviar black
MSI G43 mobo

Thanks in advance!

Why do you have all that nice hardware on a SHITTY ass board? :doh:

Soullessone21 November 20, 2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xvl89 (Post 672120)

Rig:

i7 3770k
amd gigabyte 7970 OC
8gig ram
120g SSD
1 TB Caviar black
MSI G43 mobo

Thanks in advance!

It's called vsync in ur games look into it :) and the 100% I'm not to sure why bad software maybe see if there's a update.

frontier204 November 20, 2012 04:47 PM

What software are you using for the video? Anyway, working with video you WANT 100% CPU because that means the software is properly using all its threads (and therefore gets the job done more quickly).

For your gaming non-issue, check how many frames per second are being pushed at the selection screen - IIRC the Starcraft 2 menu actually drove GPUs more than the game part did.
Is this your card? GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - ATI - PCI Express Solution - Radeon HD 7000 series - GV-R797OC-3GD
If so, it is a design that dumps all the heat into your case, so you may also want to look at improving your use of case fans - see Arinoth's still-valid sticky on the subject: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...-tutorial.html

xvl89 November 21, 2012 12:29 AM

Hey guys thanks for the reply :)

Sorry I didn't mention it, but I'm using Premiere Pro :) And yeah 100% should get the job done faster, but I swear the 2600k I used at Uni did it just as fast :/

And yeah that is my card. but I have alot of cooling:

2 x 120mm fans on the top - Exhauust
1 x 140 on the back - Exhaust
2 x 120mm on the front - Intake
160mm fan on the side - Intake
120mm fan on the bottom - In take. and its a corsair 500R case btw=)

Yeah my mobo sucks, didn't see any reason to spend more on a mobo at the time tbh, this is my first 'Self build' and motherboards don't add anything in performance, do they? Apart from better OC'ing but I'm not overclocking too much

Thanks for the advice / help, any more with the new info would be great too:)