Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 5, 2012, 08:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverBender View Post
Hmm, ok, good feedback. I'm wondering if memory timing has something to do with it as well. Memory can be pretty finicky even getting four DIMMs to work together at only 1600, as I found out on my LGA2011 setup, so I can imagine how hard it would be with more. Plus, it's not as though they are going to use ECC like they have on servers since it would defeat the purpose of keeping things inexpensive.

Still, it could be pretty cool. Even cooler would be some type of low-cost mobo with multiple ARM processors and lots of memory slots but now I'm really dreaming... or am I? There was a rumour that Apple was thinking of using multiple ARM processors in their laptops to keep prices down and get out of the Intel strangle-hold... Wouldn't that make Intel take a metaphorical crap in their pin-striped pants?
Heh, no idea what you're doing to not have DIMMS getting together.
I've had Vengence at 1866 without fail, Mushkin and G.Skill as well. Perhaps you have a bad stick somewhere, but most RAM nowadays is basically fool proof unless you are on the extreme end of overclocking.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 5, 2012, 09:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

There are proven issues with Corsair Vengeance and certain ASUS motherboards.
Old November 6, 2012, 05:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
There are proven issues with Corsair Vengeance and certain ASUS motherboards.
Wow, sounds like going backwards to what we used to deal with in OCZ Ram and such. I've never run into an issue but thats good to know. I guess Hynix has issues with ASUS then? I think there are other vendors whom use that too.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com