Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 9, 2012, 01:57 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa seba View Post
If i didn't have a crosshair V right now, the switch to the blue camp would be easier.
Must wait and see how prices develop.
I would honestly sell the crosshair 5 and pick up a used sandy bridge set up, could get it for around 300, a 2600k with a decent z68 board. That will outpeform any AMD offering any day, all day long.
Old December 9, 2012, 11:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybear View Post
Well the same cooler as in my sig, accept I recently grabbed the dual pack of the Cougar Hyper spin 120 mm fans as they claimed to have higher static pressure then vs the stock cooler master 1. Also I think my ocz freeze might have gotten old so I grabbed some AS5 with it. Result from the fan swap was a 1c gain cooler temp. ( 31c to 30c @ stock 4 ghz)

These are my numbers in a sub basement enviorment:

Of note i googles for this combo & found a review site thats review was using this board. Apparently on this board or these cpu's they dont require super high voltages .... I think when i 1st set it it was unstable on auto llc, then the site sugested to move it to high which I believe they said should allow up to 4.5 on the multi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
ah you must like more heat???? I have never heard that before, someone preferring AMD stuff over maximus IV extreme z with a 2600k or any amd offering up to date even 8350, lol even that doesnt even come close to its performance.
So YFG ..... looking at these stats here ... I dont see your " you must like more heat " argument ... And im even doing this with a lower end econo cooler ..

Peaple seem to be thinking a lil historicaly in this "amd chips are hotter" bs ... when intel put the ib ones out with heat issies i dont see too much of a argument ...
Old December 10, 2012, 09:46 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Guys, please keep this discussion to the subject at hand.
Old December 10, 2012, 09:50 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Thanks Sky, I appreciate that.
Old December 10, 2012, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
SKY, when the user throws out a coment as such & factual proof shows these cpu's are NOT all that much hotter that "other said company's" im going to respond to such argument when its not realy the case. And respectfully I also think there coments where off topic & "advice" should have been placed otherware I am just respectfully showing my proof on such "claim" with no other reasons then that.

My shown temps are at my current 4.4 ghz clock .. i dont concider those temps "more heat" vs intel as someone states.

It's just ridiculous that anyone at this point in time of the technoligy would make some argument about 1 company's chips being hotter then the others. Especialy when you start oc'ing/overvolting cpu's in general.

I do plan on updating things when I scale it up more in speed, findings & report the results in this thread futher past just supporting your review further & informing those whom are interested in the cpu ... hopefully ... thank you.

Last edited by terrybear; December 10, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old December 10, 2012, 11:47 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I am definitely interested, so keep it coming! ;)
Old December 11, 2012, 05:56 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybear View Post
SKY, when the user throws out a coment as such & factual proof shows these cpu's are NOT all that much hotter that "other said company's" im going to respond to such argument when its not realy the case. And respectfully I also think there coments where off topic & "advice" should have been placed otherware I am just respectfully showing my proof on such "claim" with no other reasons then that.

My shown temps are at my current 4.4 ghz clock .. i dont concider those temps "more heat" vs intel as someone states.

It's just ridiculous that anyone at this point in time of the technoligy would make some argument about 1 company's chips being hotter then the others. Especialy when you start oc'ing/overvolting cpu's in general.

I do plan on updating things when I scale it up more in speed, findings & report the results in this thread futher past just supporting your review further & informing those whom are interested in the cpu ... hopefully ... thank you.
What are you on about?

My post was directed towards to members who were bringing a personal discussion into a review comment thread.
Old December 11, 2012, 03:45 PM
Allstar

^ did you delete some posts? When a mod deletes offending posts, someone who never saw them in the first place won't have an accurate idea of who the mod is talking to.
Old December 11, 2012, 04:36 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User #2 View Post
^ did you delete some posts? When a mod deletes offending posts, someone who never saw them in the first place won't have an accurate idea of who the mod is talking to.
My guess is that he is referring to the "blue is better" posts. These threads can derail in an instant because of comments as such.

Keep up the testing and comparisons terrybear! I have been interested in getting an FX-8350 and putting my X6 into the HTPC but can't make up my mind.
Old December 15, 2012, 05:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I know this is an old review so I appologize for bumping it up. I'm wondering why the testing isn't done with an AMD video card. Nvidia has never been a fan of AMD (obviously) so it always leaves me wondering.

6970 is nearly par with the 670 and I feel AMD is gonna tweak their systems to run better with their own VID cards and spend less time worrying about NVIDIA. Obviously the reviewer can't have a plethera of video cards hanging around but I reckon to really have a balanced testing methodology between the competing chipsets wouldn't it make sense to do this? The vid cards don't have to exactly match tic for tac but if they are very close would it not make more sense?

Just throwing it out there Sky.

Cheers buddy always love your reviews.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.