Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   Trinity Review (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/57088-trinity-review.html)

great_big_abyss October 4, 2012 07:46 PM

Trinity Review
 
No HWC Trinity review?

It's a very interesting product that I think merits some good discussion...

terrybear October 4, 2012 09:04 PM

Believe me I am very shocked myself there isnt one .....

interesting to note though someone has gotten 10 5800k up to over 5 ghz on air & 7 ghz+ by other means .. :shok: :bananafunky:

SKYMTL October 5, 2012 06:07 AM

There will be one. There were serious motherboard issues throughout testing which pushed things back by about a week.

We prefer to publish a full review rather than push out a half-assed one in order to meet a launch deadline.

great_big_abyss October 5, 2012 06:22 AM

Gotcha:thumb: Wasn't sure if you were actually going to do one or not.

terrybear October 5, 2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 659779)
There will be one. There were serious motherboard issues throughout testing which pushed things back by about a week.

We prefer to publish a full review rather than push out a half-assed one in order to meet a launch deadline.

Of course & from what I read in others so far there where other reviewers with the same issues.

SKYMTL October 5, 2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrybear (Post 659790)
Of course & from what I read in others so far there where other reviewers with the same issues.

Hence why there were so many half-assed reviews at launch...

Rasparthe October 5, 2012 07:20 AM

Hope it wasn't with the Gigabyte UP4, I have one coming Tuesday....

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrybear (Post 659731)
Believe me I am very shocked myself there isnt one .....

interesting to note though someone has gotten 10 5800k up to over 5 ghz on air & 7 ghz+ by other means .. :shok: :bananafunky:

Looks like they love the cold, can't wait to find out. :thumb:

great_big_abyss October 5, 2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrybear (Post 659731)
interesting to note though someone has gotten 10 5800k up to 7 ghz+ by other means

LN2? Would have been cool if 7GHZ was on plain water. Forgive my pun.

SKYMTL October 5, 2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasparthe (Post 659801)
Hope it wasn't with the Gigabyte UP4, I have one coming Tuesday....

It was an MSI board but I have heard of issues with almost every FM2 motherboard out there. Just make sure you update the BIOS the SECOND you get it.

Shadowmeph October 5, 2012 08:05 AM

The trinitys are using new motherboards or something?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:40 PM.