Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   Bad Temp Phenom II x6 1100T CPU (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/56817-bad-temp-phenom-ii-x6-1100t-cpu.html)

Dovakz September 19, 2012 05:44 PM

Bad Temp Phenom II x6 1100T CPU

Hi, I bought last year a haf932 case, cpu phenom II x6 1100t, crosshair IV extreme, 2 HD6970, ssd + hhd, psu corsair AX1200, crucial 4x2GB ddr3 1600Mhz. I always had around 47 and 50 degree celcius at IDLE, but I have a corsair H70 .... I build it VERY well. but before I don't care about it but now I want to OC the CPU and at 4.1GHZ I got 67 to 72 degree Celsius while benchmark and < 68 degree after. I have three possibilities, one: its the thermal paste, two: its the corsair H70, three: its the CPU (and I got not so good result at bench but acceptable). I want to change the cooling by a standard Fan cooling but a very good. I heard the good temp for this cpu is between 27 and 35 degree at idle and 55 degree max.

SORRY for my poor English , this language is not my first learned. :sad:

BigPhatPaulie September 19, 2012 05:55 PM

Never run it above 62... thats asking for trouble.... sounds like its a bad contact between the cpu heatspreader and the h70... have you tried reseating it with new paste?

Dovakz September 19, 2012 06:14 PM

no, but i will change it this week for testing! ( need to buy thermal paste) I used the stock thermal paste under the h70 plate. I cannot said its a bad cpu version because it still good but no so good for gaming. (the mine at least)

terrybear September 19, 2012 06:37 PM

Are you just multi oc'in it ? what kinda voltages are you using on it ? H70 should be enough to cool it. Also most of them should be able to at least do 4 ghz on multi alone.

Shadowmeph September 19, 2012 07:27 PM

my 1100 is at a very stable 3.8 and I am idling (well I guess I am not idling becasue I have a few programs running my cpu usage is averaging 10% and my 8gb ram is using 18% and my temperature is 41. I am watercooled but when I test this thing I usually will run a whole pile of things at the same time then stress it with stress software. I am thinking that mabe the paste isn't doing well or wasn't applied very good I have done that a couple of times where I screwed up the paste with out realizing it and my cpu will be running up in the hi 50s lower 60s when I see that now I check the paste. but that is just me becasue I learned my lesson after spending several hours trying to figure out why my cpu was running so hot it was the paste and also I was low on water . now I just take my time and quadruple check every thing lol.

Dovakz September 20, 2012 09:14 PM

For now, I will only change the thermal paste, change the position of my H70 to put the radiator down and before, i will clean my case. The pump is plugged into PWR_FAN and my 2 fan connected to the fan controller to the CPU_FAN. I currently run at 200 x 19,0 (3,8Ghz) cpu voltage at 1.47v (45 to 52 degree IDLE) but at stock setting, degree is similar. I regret not having bought the noctua... but I can buy new fan for the H70... I will began by resetting my h70. I will give you the result this week or maybe the next week! (ps : I checked different app giving me the temp and its always the same temp.)