Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 28, 2012, 10:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Project Mobile gaming

Okay big issue I found in the new sponsor build HEAT holy shit the 3570k gets hot. I only had a hour to play with it last night but it idled at 50-60 and just web surfing hit the 70s going to have to figure something out.

Will include a build log in the right area Soon. Need to know what normal temps are with that CPU?
Old July 28, 2012, 10:34 AM

My System Specs

The high temperatures are mostly due to the poor thermal interface material used between the CPU die and the IHS. It isn't actually throwing out that much heat. They run very warm because of it unfortunately.
Old July 28, 2012, 12:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
The high temperatures are mostly due to the poor thermal interface material used between the CPU die and the IHS. It isn't actually throwing out that much heat. They run very warm because of it unfortunately.
I head about that didnt think it was this bad :( this is a real disapointment this is for a sponsored giveaway...

We will still mod the case to fit the intel water cooler in and see if we can get things a little better.

Thanks
Soul
Old July 28, 2012, 12:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
I head about that didnt think it was this bad :( this is a real disapointment this is for a sponsored giveaway...

We will still mod the case to fit the intel water cooler in and see if we can get things a little better.

Thanks
Soul

wont do much good ihs needs to be poped open
big temp differences then

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old July 28, 2012, 02:14 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

This is exactly why I'm sticking with my 2500k for at least another generation. I've read similar posts on a lot of other forums, though the heat doesn't seem to bother the cpu's too much.