Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 13, 2012, 02:42 PM
Allstar

Personally, I wouldn't take that system requirement too seriously. It's 2012 and it's still listing a PCI-X for a network card?! 8 core with 4 GB of RAM?! You will probably get choke off by the RAM first before running out of cores. What kind of computer do you have right now? Micro-freezing could be anything. Like ilya siad, fire up resource monitor and see what's going on. I seen Chrome and FireFox mini-freezing because it's the plug-in that broke or something on the website that made it freeze. CPU have nothing to do with news announcements as that depends on the speed the articles are posted, the speed of the pipe, and the frequency you ask for them. Finally, how are you connecting to the internet? I hope you are not using wireless.
Old June 13, 2012, 05:05 PM
Top Prospect

The guy who is wrote the specs must've been high on something. Or is just too lazy and set specs so high that they can blame user for not meeting system requirements instead of providing tech support.

The server side requirements is the same as the client side preferred requirements. And in client side requirements, it asks for gigabit NIC while they didn't ask the same for the server side.

If I were you, I would not trust that spec sheet at all. I think it's time you do some diagnostics like the others said and find out what you need by yourself.
Old July 2, 2012, 11:12 AM
Trial Member

U are a retail home daytrader, right? The 4 core cpu's, quad core, or i5, i7 or amd's are pleanty and great for your needs with most platforms. But this would depend on which platform you are using. Many do not even utilize multiple cores. So, check with your broker dealer on that first.......i use tradestation, and their very latest software upgrade (as of this year), first started utilizing multiple cores,,,, the software maxes out at 4 cores.but Before that, it was all 1 core. (and this was/is bery common) As an at home retail trader looking for moves on news. You need the best/fastest internet connection"upload and download". Otherwise, your hardware ends rifht there.....you must know u will never compete with the super servers and algorithms used to capture these quick news moves with much faster speed thwn u will ever have.....,eYou shouldnt be treading these...bid offer gets too high, and will give you horrible fills no matter what hardware you are running. You must understand u will not compete with what is beng used to capture these moves. check with your broker to see what technology they have, cuz most retsil is limited to what the broker has. E
Old September 14, 2012, 11:42 PM
Trial Member

Hi there,

This is a FREE guide on "How to buy a Trading computer and save money." It was written by a trader for traders.
Check it out! tradingcomputersnow.com

Hope it will help you...

Thanks