Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 10, 2012, 04:16 PM
Rookie

UPDATE: Here is the link to the youtube video that I'm going to show you guys. Just keep this in mind, there was these marks before I even put it on my motherboard!
CPU - YouTube
Old May 10, 2012, 04:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thats ridiculous, im assuming the TIM on the CPU is what you put on there? Regardless, call them and demand a replacement on their dime, if they expect you to pay shipping to send them back the old one, tell them to shove it.
Old May 10, 2012, 05:53 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Thats ridiculous, im assuming the TIM on the CPU is what you put on there? Regardless, call them and demand a replacement on their dime, if they expect you to pay shipping to send them back the old one, tell them to shove it.
yes I put MX-4 instead of the AMD preapplied one. Already request RMA. If they don't accept, I'll be VERY MAD.
Old May 10, 2012, 06:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

Keep tabs on this and keep us informed. This kind of bullshittery would be something a lot of tech circles would like to be aware of, I'm sure.
Old May 11, 2012, 11:43 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
Keep tabs on this and keep us informed. This kind of bullshittery would be something a lot of tech circles would like to be aware of, I'm sure.
Okay, I'll keep in touch with you guys. It's been almost 24hours and it's still pending through RMA. I think they aren't going to response to my RMA request. If it keeps dragging like this, my 14days warranty will be over. Then directcanada won't accept my RMA
Old May 11, 2012, 12:06 PM
Rookie

I read these websites and it's freaking me out. I need to get their phone number ASAP before they get away with this. Can anyone help me? http://forums.redflagdeals.com/direc...-bad-553540/3/
Old May 11, 2012, 12:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No need to freak out, DC is a lot like NCIX when it comes to customer service. (they're sister companies) Their system sucks and it can be a huge PITA to get into some form of communication, but with a good bit of patience you can get them to bend over backwards for you.

The mounting marks are probably from bad factory testing if the CPU came sealed, I doubt you got sold a used CPU. It would be in your best interest to list all your basic troubleshooting steps though.

On a side note, what motherboard did you use?
Old May 11, 2012, 01:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmeh View Post
Okay, I'll keep in touch with you guys. It's been almost 24hours and it's still pending through RMA. I think they aren't going to response to my RMA request. If it keeps dragging like this, my 14days warranty will be over. Then directcanada won't accept my RMA
How come only 14 days? Also, AMD warranty is a lot longer than that.
Old May 11, 2012, 01:22 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
The mounting marks are probably from bad factory testing if the CPU came sealed.
this ^^

now way DC will rma only for the surface marks
Old May 11, 2012, 02:02 PM

I've seen sealed CPUs from AMD and Intel with marks all over the spreaders. It's perfectly normal...

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647